Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Climbing out of her sleeping bag

Well, Eva has now discovered how to undo the poppers on her sleeping bag and crawl out of it. For the last few nights now I've gone in to check on her and she's lying next to her sleeping bag.

Eva will not even entertain the idea of sleeping under a blanket although I'm not too worried about her getting cold as her room doesn't go below 17 degrees overnight.

However, she's an adventurous little monkey and I know that we now run the risk of her climbing out of her cot, perhaps not right now but very soon.

So, any ideas on how I can stop her climbing out or simply just keep her in the sleeping bag?

Replies

• Sara's been doing this for a while so I sewed the popper flaps closed, means its a bit more tricky to get my wriggling octopus into it but she can't get out...mwahahahahaha - feel like an evil mummy!!
  • lol this made me laugh as we found Cam in stood in his cot last night without his sleeping bag OR his PJ bottoms on! And his was giggling his head off, it was so funny!

Don't know what we're going to do about it though. Was tempted to get him a duvet but think i'd really worry about him crawling under in his sleep or something! xx
  • we have used a duvet since 11 months and he chooses wether he sleeps under it or not, we are going to be taking the sides off his cot soon too as hes learning to climb and i would rather he rolled out of a low bed than fell over a cot side x
  • I bought a slumbersac, it has a head hole, then a zip that starts from the top to the bottom down the middle. They do differ in types though. I got mune from Amazon. xx