Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

What do you fo with LO during the day?

** sorry that should say what do you do!

Just wondering what sort of things you do during the day with your LO's - when you're at home with them?

I'm going down to 3 days from beginning Feb so more time with Emilie but I'm a bit lost how to keep her entertained most of the time at the moment! She has a short attention span and just wants to climb all over me constantly! She has so many toys but would rather be crusing around the furniture.

We go baby swimming already once a week. I'm looking into toddler gym classes but where I live they all start at 18 months.

Any ideas?

Replies

• I had the same problem - Emilia loves being out in the pushchair so we go for walks to the town if the weather is OK.

We have Gymbabes on a monday, Rhymetime every other Wednesday, and then toddler group on a friday! We have gone from doing nothing to out all the time!!!

When we are at home Emilia likes to push her pushchair around with her handbag(!!) on her shoulder or knocking things over! She likes to watch me cooking or having tea parties, but apart from that that she just follows me about!!

xx
  • we didn't do much before christmas but recently have started doing a lot more.

Mondays we normally do finger painting in the morning (lily loves it!) or we go swimming.

Tuesday mornings its 'music, rythymn and rhyme' at the local library (its free)

wednesday its ball pit (its great as its only ??1.50 a time) i meet up with my friend and her little boy there and we get coffee afterwards

thursday playgroup from 10:00 until 1:00 - they do music, games, art and craft, exercise, got loads of toys, indoor climbing things and books etc...

Friday daddy takes lily to the park if the weather is nice, if not we all go for a walk - go to the supermarket etc (lily loves sitting in the trolley!)

she's quite independant - likes to go off and explore and do her own thing which is good for me - she's not overly into toys but she will sit for ages with a book or a cardboard box- we have a kitchen in the cupboard with tupperware and empty plastic bottles in it and she plays with that for ages whilst i cook. She also loves the magnets on the fridge and plays with them for ages.

Once the weather turns we'll go to the park more often too image

xxx

afternoons she still has a nap and evenings we go to my mum and dads, see my sisters or chill out at home!