Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Next baby???

Oh and I have been discussing when to start trying for number 2. One minute I want to start immediately next I think it's best to wait for various reasons

1 I have/had postnatal and am still on anti depressants is it really wise to start before coming off them?

2 we only have a 2 bedroom flat and have been trying to sell but with no luck so how would I fit 2 children in flat?

3 with the money problems that the country

4 I hate my job and would love a new job

I am just being silly and should I wait or just go for it??

I have just had the implant out and it was decided it might have been mixing with my tablets and I am still waiting for my first AF really since before my first pregnancy ( lo is 1)

Any advice would be great

Replies

• I wouldn't want to direct you either way but you do have genuine concerns! If you're seriously thinking of changing jobs I would personally do that first, get settled in a new job, maybe if you're happier at work you might then be able to find it easier to come off the anti depressants? Also with a 2 bed flat, if there's not room for two small children it could get very clostrophobic (sp) (not good for depression) and once a new bubba is coming moving and any DIY involved and the stress with a move will only be more difficult!

I know when you're broody it feels like nothing else matters and lets just go for it! Then reality sneeks into your mind! If you're not in a rush to have a second (age, health etc) I would personally wait until at least some of the doubts have been solved.

That's just my thinking, I have a similar situation and I'm forcing myself to wait a while. But it't totally up to you and OH what is best for you! x x
  • hi i would love another right now but dd1 is in middle of assesment for aspergers and we have to deal with this first but other than this im more of your "deal with the problems when you cross them" kinda person too. hubby is the solve it first and more sensible one in our realtionship x