Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

whats your plans??

Ok so im just being nosey!!

I really badly want another baby but still on depo as hubby wants another just not yet which is fair enough but my god hurry up!!!

anyway I am planning on progressing in my job and this is viable with having another baby as i would only have 6 months off anyway due to not being able to afford more than that and i also love my job!

we are very lucky that my mum is over the moon to be able to help as much as possible with child care and hubbys parents are also fantstic help and do all they can too so childcare costs are zero- its a give and take thing really, they help us with the children which im very thankful for and we let them do things there way (i mean, we are all together on the disapline thing but we dont mind the extra biscuit, what clothes they put them in, what they do to keep them entertained ect)

so anyway MY plan is to hopefully start ttc asap (but want to be off depo for a year first) and to also progress in my job and i think then i will be a very happy lady. 3 children will be a complete family for me and i have no desire to want 4 but have always wanted 3-does this make sense??

what are your plans?

Replies

• I always said I wanted 2 children and never thought my family would be complete without. But my oh has said he definately doesn't want anymore. Since having Eva I can honestly say that my family feels complete to me and I am so in love with my wonderful dd and am blessed to have a healthy child. Oh has agreed that if he still definately doesn't want any more children when Eva is 2, then he will have the snip.

However, one thing that I am seriously thinking about is becoming a surrogate. I loved being pregnant, was fortunate to have a very easy pregnancy after falling on just the second month of ttc. I would love to help a couple to have a child, there is nothing more amazing than having your own little family.
  • well me and hubby had a massive tak today about everything and after i started talking i came to realise that i dont think it is a 3rd baby i feel that is missing in my life, its that im 30-40 mins car drive from all my family and friends and i am wasting that time in the car everyday when i could be at home with my girls. i think that by me wanting another baby is just trying to feel some kind of empyness.

i am so in love with my family as it is now and i want to be able to give my girls everything they desire which i am in a position to do now but would be if we had another. we have things we want to do before we make a final desicion-like me paying off my car ect,which is 3 years away but we have now said i am going to concertrate on my girls and my job and paying things off and if after my cars done and dusted we both still want a baby then we will (if docs ok it as i was very poorly when p[regnant with lizzie due to breathing problems) but i think by then we will be able to (and i can convince hubby to) move back towards my family (my mum was poorly with breast cancer and its made me feel like i live a million miles a way) and my eldest will be 9 by then- dont think i'll want to be starting again with nappys ect,lol!

so i think i just needed to talk about how i truely felt about everything and get my head a round why i felt i was missing something in my life! what im missing is the family i already have!

sorry for this long out burst of feeling!!

• I'm a late entry -

I keep swithering between wanting an other and not.

I, like you LOVE my job and I am so greatful to have been able to go back after coming home from Italy. I have never felt happier this last few weeks. I am very lucky that I have just gone back part time and work one day on, one day off so don't feel like I am leaving Emilia for too long. It also helps that she loves her nursery!!

I want to progress in my job and build a safe future for my LO) I think I will have another think about it in 3 or 4 years (although OH will be 43 then)

Sounds like you have a good plan though

• It's so hard isn't it! I really wanted to have another close in age to Cam so that they can grow up together and be at a similar stage however I made the choice last year to start my midwifery degree this coming September and having been fortunate enough to be accepted I guess I will have to wait until I have my first job as a midwife and have worked long enough to qualify for maternity pay - so in 2015 I think they'll be another one on the way which will make a 5 year age gap!

Sometimes I feel sad that another baby is such a long way off but I do feel fortunate that I have my beautiful boy and will be able to focus all my attention just on him for a few years. I also think in my head that it will be nice that Cam is in school when I have no2 as I'll have time to focus solely on the new baby for some hours during the day without having a toddler and a baby to please simultaneously all the time. Maybe i'm just trying to justify it in my head though as I know full well that if I hadn't got a place at Uni I would (hopefully) be pregnant again right now and so excited about it!

I think I do want 3 or 4 though so maybe have the rest close together?! Who knows what will happen! xx
  • well we will have 18 months between these 2, i would like another after this although hubby isnt sure, i would like to wait until eldest is at school though before starting again so i dont have to juggle 3 at home, also we ideally need a bigger house as we will already have one of each and the 3rd bedroom isnt really big enough for a child but we will see x
  • there is 4 and half years between my girls now and i love it!!!

dd1 had all our attention and then she started school in the september before lizzie was born so we had lots of lovely times together as an only child and we havent had any jelousy at all and she has understood everything from the begiining and is a big help a round the house and she likes to help push the pram and hold lizzies hand when we are out |(obv with one os us holding lizzies other hand,lol)

i dont know what its like having a small age gap but there is about 19/20 months between me and my younger sister and we get on really well ogether and even work together full time so there are definat pros to both (NO CONS OF HAVING CHILDREN IN MY EYES,LOL)

anyway thank you for all sharing with me and letting me open up and finally get my head around it all

• late entry into this one, we're not planning on another any time soon, the SPD was so horrendous carrying Em am I'm still having problems with my hips I just can't face it again yet. But I do want another at some point, OH says no because he can't face seeing me in so much pain again, we have considered adoption or maybe getting a surrogate.

He turned to me the other night and just said "I want an heir" lol so he wants us to have a boy! Best progress I've had so far in persuading him to have another.

We'll see , I'm hoping to start pilates to see if that helps my hips!
  • only just seen this as im never on here anymore!!

well i found out 2 weeks ago today im now expecting my 3rd.

Huge shock and very much unplanned. im still trying to get my head round it really. Im doing an access course so i can be a midwife which finishes december (baby due october) so as you can see its not great timing. OH is over the moon and i feel bad for not being so excited. I know i will be in a few weeks time but its just the timing really.

college said i can still carry on but as my pregnancy with jasmine was so terrible im petrified things may go wrong again.

ive always wanted 3 or 4 so my plan is working just a little sooner than id wanted.

there will be 22 months between jasmine and baby. myeldest starts school in september so im hoping it will make things slightly easier. The thought of 3 under 5 at the moment petrifies me!!!!

xxxx
  • wow congratulations mum2jay!! I wasn't expecting to read that lol! It'll all work out for you I'm sure xxx
  • Congrats from us too!!! That's lovely news! xxx
  • i wasnt expecting it either liz :lol: xxx