Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

welly trouble?

i bought DS some wellies for the garden but he cant walk in them? its really bizare, he is a fab walker now but they just seem like lead weights, anyone else had this?

Replies

• Sara had the same thing - but then I found out that her chunky legs were too fat to allow her feet to get into proper foot bit of the boot!! :lol: Bad mummy. I'd just bought them and shoved them on her, she took a couple of steps and went flying!

However, presuming you're not a bad mummy like me; maybe he's just getting used to being in boots instead of shoes? If I've not worn my wellies for a while they do feel a bit odd...hope he gets the hang of it soon

xxx
  • My sister had this with my niece when she first had wellies. Think it just took a little while to get used to them, and now she has no problem. Hope he's splashing away happily soon xx

Edited to add that think it's likely to be due to the way they learn to walk...the wellies restrict the ankle/foot movement,so they have to move in a different way, iyswim?xx
  • thankyou,

i think they fit properly as in his feet are in and theres room to flex, i will keep trying although i think he thinks they are torchure shoes :lol:
  • Emilia cant walk in her wellies either!

Emilia is a 3.5F So we got her a size 3 welly as the size 4 were huge!! She has plenty on room in the size three, but does do a good impression of the robot in them!! xx
  • hehe i got a 5, LO is a 4 1/2 in clarks and the 4 were snug i suppose it depends how they fit? ours were tesco ones
  • It'll probably just take a while for him to get used to them-E was very cautious in hers to start with but now she is running about in them nearly as well as she does in shoes-she does wear them most days though (we're on a farm!)

Also, I put welly socks on with them to keep them on her feet as she has thin legs!

• where did you get welly socks from jojo? I have been looking but I can only find older childrens ones

xx
  • We got them ours from jojo maman bebe- they were about ??8-??10 but E wears them most days so I didn't mind spending that much on a pair of socks!

I think the smallest size is 1-2 years but they have been fine for her as the extra material makes them stay on better!