Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Snacks

So obviously most of our lo's don't stay still for very long whether still crawling/cruising like James, or walking.

So I was wondering when it comes to snack times...do your lo's sit still, are they in their highchair, or do they wander about sharing it with the dog, furnishings and carpet? :lol:

Thanks. xx

Replies

• I usually let Eva roam around with her snacks, she has them while playing. If I'm busy in the kitchen at snack time then she'll sit in the highchair and watch whatever I'm doing.
  • We have snacks on the floor in the living room mostly. I bought a piece of wipe down table cloth a while back for him to sit on but that lasts all of 30 seconds now he can crawl & walk. If he's hungry the food will get eaten or picked up if dropped. If he starts playing with it/wiping it on the tv screen/ putting it in drawers then I take it off him and snack time is over ;p x
  • oh now i feel really strict!!

lizzie will either sit on the sofa or in her highchair (pushchair if we are out/or park bench,lol)

i wont let her walk round with food, its just one of my pet hates. she happily hands me the rest of whatever she is eating if she gets down from sofa.

• we start off sat on the floor but he wont stay still for very long and walks round the house with whatever he is eating, we only have lunch and tea in the booster at the table
  • Loobysmummy- I'm glad you posted that as I was starting to question myself. Ella is always made to sit down with snacks-the moment she gets up I take the food or drink away. I also have a pet hate of children running about with food. None of my family walk around with food and we were always made to sit down to eat so I suppose I'm just bringing her up the same!

• With us it depends what it is, if she has banana she'll usually sit still on the floor to eat it, a cookie she'll walk about with. Raisins she's started tipping them all over the floor so I've started putting them on the little tray at the side of her high chair and she walks back and forth taking some then going back for more. Drinks she walks about with. xx
  • I guess it makes a difference if they can walk or not. James tries to crawl with say a biscuit in his hand, so mess is inevitable. xx
  • I always put Flynn in his highchair when he's eating, simply because I don't want him to spread mess everywhere and would like him to learn that he needs to sit at the table while he eats