Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Not walking yet?

Just wondering how many lo's are still yet to master it like James? xx

Replies

• Options
    Cam is walking well now (surprisingly as he didn't learn to crawl until 11 months!) but we have two baby friends who are 18 & 19 months respectively and neither of them are walking yet. Apparently I didn't walk until 18 months either!

Are you worried about it or just wondering? xx
  • Options
    we have been walking since 12 months but my best friends baby whos the same age isnt there yet,
  • Options
    Emilie has only been walking for a couple of weeks (at 14 months exactly almost), she walked the first time she managed to stand by herself and got confident very quickly. Don't worry hun James will just suddenly get it soon enough image
  • Options
    C isn't walking yet either he will stand by himself but just won't make the move!
  • Options
    Hi,

I'm not worried (yet :lolimage. OH walked at 16 months apparently. I didn't walk until quite late according to my aunt (parents not around). So if it's generic, he could be a while! :roll:

Just made me wonder, when the HV at his 12 (14) month check, said I had to let them know if he wasn't walking by 18 months. xx
  • Options
    i think if they are not walking by 18 months sometimes they just get the child to been seen by physio o check there is no underlying cause but i have heard of this happening and then the child getting up ad walking the following day,lol!

im sure james is mastering of skills at the moment and will walk when he is ready.

i think the age of walking can run in families as me and my sisters were all walking under 12 months and my dd1 was at 11 months and lizzie at 10months unfortnatly lizzie refuses to hold hands!!

• Options
    Arthur started walking at 12 months but my nephew didn't wall till 19months! Xx
  • Options
    jasmine isnt walking!!! she is a lazy bum!! she walks holding your hand but not alone. think she's nearly there its just a confidence thing. she will be 16 months next week but 14 corrected. im not too worried just finding it annoying as she gets so frustrated! just wish i could take her for a run around to wear her out xx