Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

So, how are we all?

It seems it has been a little quiet in here lately. I'm guilty of not posting much any more, as I don't get much chance to do anything until the evenings now by which time I'm ready for bed :lol:

I thought I'd start a thread so that we can update on ourselves and our little ones. Also, if people could put their old user-names if they've changed as I've lost track of who's who now image

Poppy is nearly 16 months, changing daily. She's been walking properly for around 10 weeks, and is a proper little chatter-box. She's constantly picking up new words, so much so that you have to watch what you say around her! Last weighed around 11 weeks ago, she was 23lb. She's finally in 12-18 month clothing too image

She's got 10 teeth, including 4 molars which were horrible when cutting. Generally sleeps from around 6-7pm to 7:30/8am with one nap a day of around an hour. She's taken to being a big sister really well, and loves to give littlest one kisses and cuddles (with the occasional poke/slap thrown in for good measure to show her who's boss, :lol: )

Littlest one is now 10 weeks, and doing really well. We're lucky that she has pretty much the same temperament as Poppy and is very easy going and full of smiles (most of the time!). Going from 1 to 2 is hard work, and I don't know where most days go but the hard work is so worth it image Time seems to be running away at the moment, and is growing quicker second time round than first!

Would love to hear how you're all doing. The ladies with bumps and if others are ttc, or considering adding to their families. I miss chatting on here with the BIJ '10 mums, but love keeping in touch with most of you on FB image

Hope you're all well xx

Replies

• Options
    hello, you cant get rid of me! atill piggypops!

lovely to hear how your getting on as i will be joining you in mummy of 2 status shortly, i am 29 weeks tomorrow! eeek! cant wait to meet my baby girl, j is not quite getting to grips with being a big brother yet and does not like mummy being poked by the midwife one little bit!

hes near on 16 months and is a right little monkey, he stole daddy chocolate egg out of the fridge this afternoon ooops! we seem to have knocked the tantrums on the head for now or at least seem to be that way at the mo

he have 10 teeth including 2 molars which i think the other two wont be long behind, he sleeps 8-8 most nights although spends the last hour usually in our bed sunggling which is lovely and much needed at the mo, we have one nap a day now which is anything from 40 mins to 2 hours depending what he has to stay awake for! hes been walking since xmas and can go quite far now

i have no idea what he weighs as i havent been since he was one where he was 21 lbs 10oz although hes well into 18-24 month clothes now
  • Options
    Hello ladies, glad to hear you are both well. I've not been on for a while as my laptop was broken, and I've been so busy at work that I've not had much chance for skiving off and going on chatrooms on office computer image

My parents came to visit at the weekend though and my dad fixed my laptop so I should be around a bit more.

Sasha is doing really well, its so cute watching their personalities develop. She has been walking for a while now and loves following her big sister around, she gets upset when we drop her off at school as she wants to go in with her. She is also starting to lose some of her chunkyness now that she is more active too, she had a right budha belly on her!

She also has 10 teeth, 4 of which are molars. She is also wearing size 18-24 month clothes but I have no idea how much she weighs, but mummy could still do with losing a few pounds :lol:

She sleeps roughly 7-7, and her big sis likes to get her up in the morning and bring her upstairs (upside down flat), so they get up to lots of mischief in the mornings. Her favourite thing to do is go to the park and go on the swings, or play in the sandpit shoveling sand into her bucket.

Its good that Poppy is enjoying being a big sister, and very sweet that j is protective of mummy's bump.

xx
  • Options
    Hi!!

We're doing really well at the moment, E was 15 months this week and last week finally reached 20lb which was a big milestone. She's still in 6-9 month clothes but has to wear dresses all the time as trousers are too short and the next size up fall down :lol:

She started walking around her birthday and looks really funny toddling along as she is quite petite, luckily she has masses of hair so she doesn't look like a little baby!

We have had major struggles with food which had got better but are much worse again now (I think it is partly down to the heat!) But she had gained weight last week which was an achievement.

She has 6 teeth and no signs of anymore yet and sleeps like an angel 8-9/10 if I let her (apart from this morning when she got up at 8 and then had to be put down for a nap at half 9!)

We're moving soon which I'm dreading but glad of the fresh start in a new area. Will also get to see OH a lot more in his new job and we will be able to spend much more time on the farm which E loves.

We are also TTC after MC at the end of Jan which is a bit of an emotional rollercoaster! Hopefully I'll be in the same due in forum as missymoosmum! image

Its lovely to hear how everyone else is doing and Piggypops-I can't believe you are 29 weeks already!!

• Options
    i know its scarey how fast it has gone! keeping my fingers tightly crossed (and leg for now!) that you will both be over in pregnancy very soon!
  • Options
    Hi ladies, lovely to hear how your and your lo's are doing.

Eva has just turned 15 months and is (for the most part) an absolute delight. Although she can have the mother of all tantrums if she doesn't get her own way sometimes.

I don't know how much Eva weighs, I haven't had a chance to get her weighed since she was about 10 months old, oops. She's in 12-18 month clothes which fit her, although she's really tall so trousers can be a bit short. Thank goodness we're having skirt and dress weather.

She's been walking properly for a couple of months now and practically runs around, there's just no stopping her. As for talking, she's a right old chatterbox and picks up new words left right and centre. She's also a real people person and isn't afraid of anyone or anything.

Whilst Eva used to sleep 6:30pm to 8:30am, it's more like 7pm to 6:30am at the moment although I don't get her up until around 7:15 so she lays in her cot chatting away to herself while she waits for me.

It's lovely to hear how all the other toddlers, babies and bumps are doing. I've got my fingers crossed for you missymoosmum and Jojo31uk that you fall pregnant soon, good luck x
  • Options
    Hi everyone!! (use to be wannababy!)

Lizzie is a fab toddler and is 16 months today! we have had some horrible moments with all her allergies but she will soon be having some more tests to see if we can take a step forward to reintroducing dairy into her diet and a test to see if its the gluten in th wheat rather than the wheat itself which she cant tollerate! we still know egg is out the question as its makes her swell!

Well, i have no idea how much she weighs at all but she had a size 4 and half foot and is in anything from9-12 months to 18-24 months clothing!! she seems to be long in the body and needs the 18-24 month tops but then her leggings and some dresses are only 9-12 months!

Lizzie has recently had her 3rd hair cut!-i know she is going to be an expensive child!!

she has been walking for a long time now and likes to stand like evil-kneivil on her ride on dinosaw and play dare-devil by walking off the sofa!-how we havent ended up in A&E i'll never know!

We are still very unsure about adding to our family, i think we would both love haing another baby BUT i really want to progress at work and we want to take our girls to disney world when they are both at a good age to enjoy it but as there is 4 and half years between them timing it is going to be hard enough without waiting another 3 years if we had another and also (dont know if any of you have seen any of my post about my eldest) my dd1 has been undergoing screening/seeing consultnants about having aspergers and we get her diagnoses/feedback meeting in just over a week, and aspergers/autism is herdeitary and although I wouldnt change my daughter for the world or how she is, if we had another child with it i would feel bad that lizzie would be the one who misses out on the attention she rightly deserves and it is making me feel very selfish image about wanting another baby when i am lucky enough to have 2 healthy children already (even with a mental health problem, she is 100% healthy and it is me and hubby who have to learn to adjust our living not the children,iyswim?lol)

so thats us i think!

• Options
    Hey - great to hear how the other BIJ 'babies' are!!

Cam is excellent and will be 16 months next week. He learned to walk at the beginning of Feb and now doesn't know how to stay still! He's an expert dancing and babbles on all day. He's very quickly picking up a range of words and baby signs to tell me what he wants. He can point to all the parts of his body if you ask him and point out different animals in his book - it's very cute!

He's having one nap a day at the moment and eats well when he's not teething (currently have 15 teeth!) He doesn't sleep particularly well at night and I can't remember the last time he slept through but you don't fuss!

We're moving to Sheffield in 4 sleeps (!) which is pretty scary so in the process of packing up the house but the new house has a lovely big garden (don't have a garden at all now) so I'm really looking forward to it in a way! I have been back at work since November 4 days a week but am going to spend the summer with Cam now until I start my midwifery training in October!

Good luck all those TTC! I would lOVE another one now but we are waiting until I have qualified as a midwife and Cameron has started school....then I might have 2 in a row close together image xx
  • Options
    It's lovely to read all about your toddlers and seems like only yesterday that we were reporting on our birth stories!

Arthur is 15 months now and has been walking for months. He is very steady on his feet and lives nothing more than running especially away from us!!! He is in age 2 to 3 years clothes and has size 7 feet so is still the big boy he always was.

He is an absolute delight and now sleeps from 8 till 8 with (like Jacob and piggypops) the last hour in bed with us. He is very wilful and the tantrums can be quite sever so we have had to introduce the naughty chair which works well! I had no idea how long a minute can feel when you are watching you lo while trying to keep them on the chair! He has picked it up now though and will sit fir the minute!

He has 12 teeth including 4 molars and we recently found out that he has hay fever! He is busy busy busy and does not stop from mOrning till night! His speech is really good and he will repeat most things but says a few words in context too. He us starting to put two words together such as ma duice for my juice. Everything seems to be his at the moment! Not good when he has a baby brother on the way.

I'm looking forward to my next lo arriving but must say I'm enjoying the calm before the storm!!! Xx
  • Options
    oooh how exciting getting married, huge congrats! i think that cake topper would be lovely,you are a family of 3 afterall x
  • Options
    congratulations on your upcoming wedding!!!! i think the cake topper sounds a fab idea!!

• Options
    Congrats on setting the date! You must be very excited! I agree with the others the cake topper sounds perfect! Xx
  • Options
    Hi everyone, Will keep this short a I'm on my phone!

Emilie is doing great, almost 16 months now. She has been walking for about 2months. She has 16 teeth we're just waiting on the back 4 molars. Shes not really talking, more babbling but she does say duice for juice and baby for her doll. She also calls poeh bear pooper!

Last weigh in she was 13.3kgs about 30lbs and above the top percentile line.she has slimmed off loads since starting to walk though and want to get her weighed soon. Height she is about 83cms and has 5g feet. Clothes she is 18-24 months.

We just returned from taking her to the USA and Mexico, she did amazing we're so proud of how portable she is. We like to travel so she'll be joining us around the world. I was terrified how she would do but I needn't have worried.

No plans for a 2nd yet, I spend a lot of weeks alone with OH travelling and I couldnt cope as a working "single mum" of two little ones unless we move closer to our families. image .

Ps cake topper a great idea! X
  • Options
    Ooh how exciting everyone is back! The last few times I have checked there has practically been tumbleweed blowing around!

Elysia is 15 months and is still not walking. She started commando crawling really early then proper crawling at extremely high speed and she's so good at it I just think she can't see the point in walking! Over the past two weeks though she has insisted on walking (whilst holding our hands) evrywhere so I don't think it will be long.

We think she may have taken her first steps but we're not sure: unforunately we spent Easter in hospital (menningitis scare - she's fine now and it was in fact probably just a virus although we'll never know), but we were chatting away in her hopsital room as she cruised around the floor and suddenly it looked like she'd taken three idependent steps but we weren't quite sure because we weren't properly watching her!!! How rubbish is that?!

She isn't saying much yet. Mamma, Dadda, Wawa for water, Bah for goodbye sometimes, Hawa for hello (but only when she's speaking on her "phone"). Aside from this the nonsense speak is pretty much constant. She's a bright little spark though and I have no worries about her speech. And she listens and picks up everything.

I did have her weighed recently but I can't even remember it just doesn't register these days. I seem to recall it was 26 pounds. She remains on 75th centile I know that for sure! Her eating is great now after a long journey involving me cooking stuff, picking it up off the floor and our of my hair, then binning it. I think nursery has done wonders for her.

She goes to nursery three days a week and loves it although we're having wobbles this week after a few weeks off. I feel guilty on her off days but generally I know it's the right place for her to be.

She doesn't sleep brilliantly. 8pm until 6am is normal, with two 1 hour ish naps during the day. Although she still sometimes wakes at night and I have to settle her. I'm hoping she is moving towards dropping a nap and as a result sleeping better at night. In fact, is this bad? It doesn't seem too bad writing it down although I seem to hear constantly from people whose babies sleep for 12 hours and nap too!

She still feeds to sleep which is an issue as I am so over breast feeding now and ready to stop. We only do one feed a day - the health visitor told me to keep going with the night feed utnil she's taking a cup of cows during the day but she's just not interested so I think this weekend we may be going cold turkey anyway. She gets loads of dairy including pints of yoghurt given half a chance so I'm not worried about her diet.

Her favourtie things are swimming (still doing water babies and loving it), the swings, her cousin Oliver and in fact any other children, steamed broccoli (!!!!) which she can't get enough of and would eat until it came out of her ears. And feeding Mummy, Daddy and her dollies with pretend food from an empty plastic pot.

Oh, and she is GORGEOUS and getting cuter by the day. She has big blue eyes, pink cheeks and curly hair which the A&E nurse last week described as "minky blonde" which description I like a lot.

Loads of love to you all,

Rx
  • Options
    just wanted to say how great it is with everyone being back on here!!

all our little ones seem to be doing just fab!
  • Options
    well lizzie seen the paed today and he weighed her-she is 24lb but he thinks more like 23lb as she had a very wet nappy and had just eaten 2 slices of toast a banana and rice cakes!! (nothing wrong with her appitet!)

i was shocked as im sure she feels closer to 2stone when i have to pick her up but i guess she looks diddy as the nurse thought she was under 1 year!!

xx