Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Jan 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

What's everyone up to for the Royal Wedding?

I've been hanging up the bunting tonight and managed to put a drawing pin through a cable and blow all the fuses in the restaurant! What a silly moo, I hope that I can get an electrician out tomorrow.

I'm really looking forward to it, but we are going to be so busy its gonna be hard work, as we are a stones throw from the Mall and St James palace. We have been creating our red, white and blue cocktails today which was quite fun but I think we've come up with some good ones.

Is anyone planning on coming to London for it?

Replies

• ooops on the pin front, sounds exciting though!

we are making the most of everyone being inside watching it or partying and taking DS out somewhere maybe the sealife centre or soft play?

not sure hed let me watch the whole thing!
  • i went to work! but on the good front we didnt open until after the wedding and most of us working watched the wedding whilst eating lots of food and drinking too, even had champange!

then we went and done some work, came home, street party was still going on so girls had run around whilst i cuaght up with neighbours ( we are all close anyway nd have bbqs out front a lot in summer,ect!)

and thats been it really. was a good day tho and Kate looked stunning!

• We had a brilliant day. I wore a tea dress and my wedding veil! I managed to get an electrician out yesterday thankfully so we were able to show it on the screen upstairs too. It was a great atmosphere, loads of people drinking champagne, and the cocktails went down well too. I can't believe there were still so many people around so late into the evening though, they have some serious stamina!

I nearly got to see William and Harry last night - we could see on the tv that they were doing a walk about outside Clarence House, so me and my sister ran round but got there just as they went back inside :cry:

My sister took my niece down to the Mall today though, she didn't see much but she was able to lift niece high enough that she got to see Kate and William and the Queen so she was very impressed.

I hope you all had a lovely day whatever you did. I'm going to have a foot soak now :lol:
  • we ended up watching it snuggled on the sofa as DS spent the night puking on our bed, we did have to go buy another duvet that day as ours was unsaveable!