Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Grinding teeth

Hi all, just a quick one really to ask if anyone else's lo grinds their teeth? I heard Eva doing it a little while ago but to be honest I didn't know what it was. It was only when she did it while I was carrying her the other day that I knew what she was doing.

I don't suppose there's anything I can do to stop her is there?

Replies

• Hello lovely,

Has Eva got new teeth? as i know that sometimes they tend to grind their teeth coz they like the new sensation and then they grow out of it after a few days/weeks... Our little man did and i was sooo worried that he was going to grind his teeth down but he has soon got bored of that now and likes pulling his tounge instead!! gotta love their little 'phases' image:lol:
  • Hi LittleBugarooo, yes she has got new teeth although I'm not sure how many because she doesn't let me have a good look and she usually tries to bite me if I put my finger in there, but I've definately seen two new ones lately. Maybe it is just the new sensation, I'll have my fingers crossed that it's just a passing phase. I really hate the sound of it though and my oh does it in his sleep too and it drives me nuts!
  • We went through a few weeks of tooth grinding when Elysia was about 8 months old and we're suddenly having the same again just this week. She is just cutting her firat molars at 16 months so I thnk it might be related to this. Am sure it's normal and will pass though.