Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2010

Finger food with meals

I thought 'The Nest' was going to be busier, but Jan '10 is empty! :lol: So I've come back over here to ask. image

We've always given finger food after James's meals, so main, pudding, finger food.

I think a few others were doing the same thing. Just wonder if anyone still does? Obviously James sometimes has a finger food meal like sandwich or pizza etc. But wasn't sure whether to carry on as we are.

Thanks mummies. xx

Replies

• Arthur won't let me feed him either! He uses a fork and a spoon also his fingers (which to be honest is most of the time!)

He eats exactly shat we eat and feeds himself anything from curry to spag Bol! He obviously makes a real mess so we leave meals like that god tea time which is eaten just before the bath! Sometimes my oh and I are not ready to eat so early so I just leave our food simmering.

For lunch Hejaz thinks like pitta, roast chicken, vegetables, wraps and roasted sweet potato chips! He also loves eggy bread and garlic spread on toast. I try to give him meat, carb and veg for lunch which is always followed by fruit. He snacks during the day on carrot sticks and cheese slices!

For breakfast he has shreddies or mini weetabix with very little milk as he likes to feed them himself.

As he won't let us feed him anything I was having major difficulty with what to give him but now I just let him get dirty and feed himself!

I agree miasmummy, rice is a nightmare and so is cous cous!
  • Lizzie eats most things with her hands! she manages her cereals with a spoon and can use a fork but a fork just isnt quick enough for her!! lol

i give her mani and pudding- pudding being fruit normally as she is still restricted on her diet image due to this she cant eat same as us,so she eats dinner iwth dd1 (who will onyl eat certain foods!) and we have our dinner later on as lizzie is starting to notice she isnt getting the same!

• LO eats whatever we have mostly with his hands as its quicker but he does use a toddler metal fork and spoon, he hasnt let us feed him for months
  • I'm not sure if what I've asked has been misunderstood.

James is still happy to be fed, but has a fork and spoon and with help will get some food into his mouth. Sometimes he does get moody if he's helped.

What I was asking is after the meal, does anyone give some fruit/veg/crisps/biscuits etc.? So it's on top of the meal? We've always given James a few organix crisps or a rice cake, or something after his pudding, but thinking we should stop? xx
  • Ok thanks. xx
  • Not after meal but we do offer snacks throughout the day though if he asks for them xx
  • No I dont offer anything else after a meal. If Emilia doesn't eat her dinner then I'm afraid thats it!! Horrible mummy! image
  • oh, no after dinner and pud thats it, we do have 2 snacks in the day though x
  • same here-lizzie has main and pudding but thats it. she has a snack (fruit,rice cakes or biscuit) mid morning and school run time.

• I'm with you Joanna, if she doesn't eat it she goes without! I do usually give her finger food meals though to increase the chance of her eating it!