Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Jan 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Toe nails

I'm struggling to cut James's finger nails. When he's asleep, it's usually not deep enough, and I risk waking him (really really don't want to do that! :lol: ) If he's awake, he just really doesn't like me holding his hand still for too long.

Well now, I've noticed his big toe nails are starting to have a growth spurt. So now I have to contend with his feet as well! :roll: xx

Replies

• i have found sitting LO on my lap and using curved nail scissors the easiest way, i cut his toenails for the first time yesterday and he was quite god actaully, did take me a while though as he kept trying yo move his hands!
  • James still pulls away if he's having a bottle. It also makes him stop drinking!

His hair has grown too, annoying little bits keep coming over his ears! :lol: xx
  • I bite Poppy's finger nails (don't bite my own though!), as I'm scared of cutting her with scissors, and not sure she would hold still for long enough either. With her toe nails (sounds disgusting!) I pick them when they get too long, usually when she's otherwise distracted somehow. Oh the things we do for our babiesimage xx
  • I used to bite James's nails, and still try now and again. But he won't let me get away with that either these days. xx