Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

O/T HE'S TAKING ME RING SHOPPING!!! :)

Hello ladies, jsut wanted to share on here really as dont want to on fbook as he hasnt actually propsed yet!
OH tx me yesterday to say can i take u ring shopping sunday!
ive been waiting for so long for a proposal and really thought he would have done it by now.
he said he wants me to come and look at some and get my size so that he can choose one he knows i will like!!! im so excited as im desperate to get married!

so really all i wanted to ask was what ur engagement rings were like and where from?
anywhere in particular that is a good shop to go to?

imageimageimageimage

Nat xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Replies

• Congratulations hon, that is so exciting. My ring is from an independant jewellery shop and it is an antique one so quite old fashioned. The owner of the shop is also the dad of a friend of my hubby so we got a nice discount too.

Have fun on Sunday
    xx
  • Just wanted to say...yay! Enjoy looking and choosing! xx
  • Ooh, congratulations! Do you have any idea what you do or don't want? We walked around for ages looking for my engagement ring, and when I saw it, I just knew it was 'the one'. I had an idea of what I did/didn't like, such as metal etc. then it was just a case of finding it! I'd suggest having a look on-line first so you have a bit of an idea. Ernest Jones always has nice engagement rings. Don't know if there's a Chisholm Hunter or David M. Robinson near you, these are good too! Bet you can't wait for sunday, really exciting. Enjoy and let us know what you choose xx
  • Hi, my engagement ring was from Beaverbrooks and is lovely but when Sebastian was born hubby had an eternity ring made for me set with 2 White diamonds a pink and blue diamond to represent our family (we also have a daughter). It wasn't nearly as expensive as I thought as you choose the basic ring shape and then have the design you want, in fact my engagment ring was more expensive. I love the fact that no-one else would have the same.
  • ooooh how exciting, hubby did this for me, i picked out what i liked and he got it later on, i had to wait 2 months for the proposal though, i was on tenterhooks everytime we had a 'moment' :lol:

i have this

http://www.ernestjones.co.uk/webstore/d/3522490/18ct+gold+third+carat+diamond+cluster+ring/

i even got a eternity ring after jacob was born image lucky me!
  • Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Nat that is fantastic news very very happy for you!!
    My hubby choose my ring its perfect its from Ernest jones platinum band with one princess cut diamond im not a fan of round diamonds i prefer square ones.
    Also if you buy your engagement ring from Ernest's and go back for your wedding ring they will give you a discount 20% i think!!!

Havr fun cant wait to see a piccie!!!

xxxxx
  • OMG had to come back to say.... imagine Jasmine in a flower girl dress!!!!!! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!!!

xxx
  • Oooooo congratulations!

Can't help with shops - although my wedding ring is welsh gold, my engagement ring is from Samuels! But I still love it!

Hope you have lots of fun looking and choosing. Congrats again!

BB xx
  • Congratulations!!! How exciting!!!
    My engagement ring is from Earnest Jones as well...platinum band with two princess cut diamonds and four smaller stones either side.

Have fun on sunday...I bet you cant wait!!

P.S I was trhinking the same as Mrs P!!!! Think of the dress shopping!! xxx
  • Aww congrats!! Have fun choosing and trying on ad then looking at it all the time in mirrors......and passing windows!

Mines from SWAG and is white gold with a sapphire stone in the middle with smaller diamonds each side.

We've been married 4.5yrs now but got married after we had ellie so i got my eternity ring last year on mybirthday when i found out i was PG finally!!!

xxxxxxx
  • Hi massive congratulations!!!
    mines a white gold one with a tanzinte (blue) oval stone in middle with a couple of diamonds on either side.
    Have a great time shopping!!
  • Eeeeeeeeeeeee! v.exciting!!! I would tell you about mine but alas after nearly 6 years together and after having a baby I am still an unmarried woman! pooo! My OH is a qualified pawnbroker and diamond grader though so at least when he does propose i know he'll choose a good ring! Don't forget to post a pic when you've got the bobby dazzler on your finger! x
  • awww thanks so much for your replies!
    i have a rough idea of what i want, def either white gold or platinum and has to be a square stone! not keen on round ones personally. I want jsut one large on one a band or a large and small ones either side on the band.
    im worried im going to spot a really expensive one eeeeek!! id much rather spend alot on the big day than on a ring so am going to be sensible - unless i go mad in the heat of the moment and spot something thats thousands ahahahha! not that we could afford to do that anyway hehehe.
    will post an update tomor and lt u know how it went1
    woooohoooo xx
  • Oooh good luck, I'm jealous!!!!
  • oh yes forgot to say i know cannot wait to dress her up! we were thinking of june/july 2012 so she wud be 2.5! very cute! cant wait ive planned so much of it already and he hasnt even propsed yet!! teehee xxx
  • did you pick any?
  • Hey, yes i picked 2 out that i really liked in ernest jones both similar to each other. they were white gold with a princess cut diamond and then some on the shoulder. will try and post a link! also got finger measured. am so excited now all i can think about is weddings!! think he has to save for a couple of months before he can buy it so ill be waiting next couple of months!
    yippeeeee!!!!!!
    xxxxx
  • how exciting,

you will be thinking is this the time every moment hehe
  • Oh Nat Im so pleased for you xxxx