Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Jan 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

argh! - rant

eurgh am just so fed up this week image i was guilt tripped into staying at my mums while she's on holiday to look after the cat...not a big deal i hear you say...however my 22! year old step brother lives here and i'm basically looking after him too, i was guilted into coming because he can't be trusted to look after himself on his own. i mean seriously i was told i had to remind him to get washed etc!

it's bad enough that i basically have two kids to look after while here (i swear emmy is the easier one!) but there's also the cat who thinks 5am is a perfectly reasonable time to want fed! which is meant to be step brothers job (it's the only thing i've asked him to do, i'm cleaning litter tray, doing dishes, washing etc) but all he does is chase him away from his door and ignore him...that might work for him coz he can sleep through the noise, i can't and neither can ems image

ems hasn't slept a full night through since i got here so i'm exhausted and i really needed to get us into a good sleep and morning routine this week and next as i go back to work on the 28th. she's also teething and so clingy and grumpy that i literally cannot be out of her sight or she screams blue murder.

step brother is doing my head in, he has cartoon network on all freaking day, has an opinion on everything, tells me how i'm playing with the cat worng (he's my bloody cat...i've had him for 16 years! but mum said he was too old to move when i moved out hence still being here), tells my friends how to act with emmy! and just generally annoys me...he told emmy her dolly was evil and pretneded to break her head off in front of her!! (i did have a go at him for that one!).

and to make things even better the OH has had to go home to finish painting the kitchen tonight so i'm all alone image if i'm not out (it's icky here so can't go out everyday at the min) i'm sat in the bedroom playing with emmy and i'm just so fed up of feeling so confined. it sucks image

sorry, don't really expect a reply just wanted to have a little self induldent moan where his dad or my mum etc would see how cranky i am...i swear, never again!

Replies

• Options
    (((((hugs))))). Rant away hon. Sorry to hear that you are in such a crap situation. Can't believe you have to reming a 22yr old to wash wtf!! I'm amazed that you have been as patient as you have with him. how far away do you live, can you go home for a night or will that be too much upheaval? Hope you are not there for too much longer.

Sasha has been pretty grumpy too at the moment, a combination of teething (i think), a nasty cold and being clingy because I have just gone back to work too. Hope ems is feeling better soon and those nasty teeth leave them alone soon.
  • Options
    thanks hun, i could go home for a night but i've brought all her fave toys etc with me to make it less stressful for ems so would be a bit of an upheaval. the parental units are back midday on sat though so OH is coming round after work on friday and i'm going home then (i've bought so many christmas presents etc while i've been here they wont get everything and us in the car anyways! lol). so i'm just holding out til then.

i think i'm just so frustrated as they know what hard work he is (when my mum was on a/l she was at mine 5 out of the 7 days because she couldn't cope with him!) so i kind of feel extra resentful on that front as i not only have him and the cat to look after but emmy too. on the other hand i know it's just so that the house stays in one piece and i can't complain about that as the house is half mine and is willed solely to me so i need it in one piece lol

feel much better just from having my rant though, and lovely OH is painting now so that he can come back tomorrow instead of wednesday night.

i hope sasha feels better soon hun! and the nasty tooth fairy leaves all our poor jan babies alone for a while now! thanks for replying hun xx