Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Another Cold..it's driving me mad

Hiya Ladies,

Please don't feel that you have to reply to this just need to vent a bit.

Well, a week after I got rid of my first cold since sEbastian was born then I've managed to get another one which has made me feel far worse and sadly once again I seem to have paseed it on to him. I know it is just one of those things and it's not my fault but I feel so guilty when I hear him all snuffly and unable to settle to think that I did that to him.

I'm really beginning to get frustrated now. I was hoping that by now we would be starting to find ourselves in some sort of routine but just as I think we are getting somewhere something else happens. First it was the snow then we all got colds and now just as I was beginning to feel better and Sebastian was starting to show signs of a routine we go and get another one. So for another week the housework won't get done and my daughter won't get to go out for walks as I feel so rubbish. I know in the grand scheme things it is a short time and it doesn't really matter if the house is a mess etc but it just seems to be one thing after another stopping me enjoying these first few weeks.

I hate winter :cry: I want spring to be here!!!!!!!!

Sorry, moan over, am sure it will all start getting better in a few days. At least I don't feel like I have the baby blues anymore, I am a bit fed up with the cold and stuff but I don't feel depressed now.

Wendy +Sebastian(1 month and 1 day old)

P.S. He still won't settle in the evening and I think it's because he sleeps too much during the day. Any ideas how to keep a small baby awake when they don't want to be. Gina Ford says it can be done so it must be true;\)