Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Jan 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

checks and jabs????

hello ladies

i took jacob for his jabs today as booked by the surgery, he is 7 weekd, 4 days, when we got there to see the nurse we were told he wasnt old enough and had to be 8 weeks :x she then asked when he had seen the doctor for his 6-8 week check, i had taken him to see the HV at 6 weeks but we were never told he needed to see the doctor, so now we have to wait till monday to see the doc and nurse?

has everyones babies had a doctors check - no one has mentioned this to us before?

becca and jacob x

Replies

• Grrr how annoying for you!

We have our '6' weeks check on Thursday and they said we'll see the HV first for weight and height etc, then a Dr for a health check and then I'll see a nurse for my PN check.

Hope it's all sorted for you and Jacob soon.

Love NN and Olyvia xxx

http://lb1f.lilypie.com/Tp6A.png

http://lbff.lilypie.com/vBTq.png

• Our surgery sent out a doctors appt for Sebastans 6 week check although you have to see the HV to get them weighed first. I had to make my own appt for my check. Our jab appt are sent out from a central dept and ours is a week on Thursday when Sebastian will be 9 +1.

Sounds like your surgery is really on the ball....what a complete waste of your time.
  • I made an appointment for 7wks and then got confused when I spoke to the HV. Glad I checked when I went into the surgery to fill in the forms to register Amber, as they had made it for her jabs which she can't have till she is 8wks.

So now we have my 6wk check at 7wks, her 6wk developmental at 7wks and 1st jabs at 8wks - all booked.

So confusing, especially as we are all new Mums with Baby Brains!!! xxx
  • I had docs and hv today, abit I had to go in morning for doc and afternoon for hv as the docs appointment we had booked for this afternoon after the hv was cancelled this morning as doc was off sick! at our surgery you go to see hv and doc the tuesday after the baby is 8 weeks old and the next day go back and have jabs with the nurse. so although I went up twice today, we have to go back tomorrow for jabs! x
  • Our surgery combines the '6 week check' with the 1st jabs (with the nurse) & my post-natal check at 8 weeks, when we both see the doctor.

The local health authority sent out the letter with the appointment, and the surgery were surprised that it actually corresponded with their appointments. We were told the whole thing will take about half an hour.

Not sure when we see the HV next, although to be honest, she was a bit useless anyway! xx
  • Hospital and HV told me James and I both needed a 6 week check up with the dr. Plus I have a post natal check up at my consultants clinic at 6 weeks. Coincidently HV wants to see us then as well. So that's 3 appointments in one week! xx mithical and James 5 weeks 5 days.