Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Dumb question of the week

When you give LO cooled boiled water...do you warm it up? Am going to try fobbing Sara off with some in the night tonight and just wondered what you all do

Replies

• I do as Emilie wouldn't take it cold (but I've not tried room temp yet). I'm trying to give her 1-2ozs about 5pm but saying that though she threw it all up again yesterday image
  • When I remember I give James the option of a drink a couple of times a day between feeds. Last night he had his bottle early, so I offered him a drink before bed, just so he'd still had the sucking. He didn't really want it and still settled ok. I make it up, and leave it on the side, I don't reheat it. We use the same bottle for 24 hours, usually less, then I discard. xx
  • we use cool boiled water thats room temp, we roughly a 3 hour feed timetable in the day so we dont give it that often x
  • I just boil the kettle and then leave it to cool down - Emilia doesn't like it cold she has it about milk temp.

joanna x
  • When I give Lizzie cooled boiled water I do warm it up so that when I test it on my wrist I cant feel it, not so much that its warm, iyswim?
    Think I am going to offer it to her once a day as she has been waking up at 3am for last couple of mornings and is already on 35oz in 24 hours!