Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

We skipped the dream feed last night and...

Alyssa didn't even care she slept a straight 12 hours from 7pm-7am yaaaaaaay image
Now do i dare do it again tonight :\?

xx

Replies

• Well done Alyssa, good girl!

We dropped the dreamfeed a couple of weeks ago and Eva didn't care one little bit. We didn't plan to drop it quite so early on but I fell asleep one night and woke up far too late to give the dreamfeed, fully expecting Eva to wake at some ridiculous time in the middle of the night but she didn't even stir. We haven't given the dreamfeed since and she sleeps a good 12/13 hours (7pm to around 7:30am/8am).

As long as you can get enough milk into Alyssa during the daytime, then I would say drop the dreamfeed again tonight and see what happens.

Vickie & Eva 12 weeks 5 days x
  • That's great! Was Alyssa not taking a lot of milk at that time? James is still unpredictable, some nights he'll polish it off. Other nights he'll only take 2-3 oz! xx
  • we dropped it a while ago, its worth a try x
  • what a good baby image

I wish mine would sleep for such a long time image
  • Emilia would if you let her, but as she barely drinks 120mls at each feed at the moment, I wont let her. Horrible mummy!!!
  • Awww well done Alyssa - and I thought Cam had had a good night because I only got up 6 times between midnight and 6am!! oh dear! Fingers crossed she does it again tonight image x
  • Hi Mithical, Alyssa has a
    210ml at 7am
    210ml at 11am
    followed by some baby rice with a cube of fruit in she won't have it plain
    180ml at 2.30
    210ml at bedtime 6.30ish

Hoping for the same tonight eeek!!!

xx
  • We make the bottles up to 210mls, but James doesn't drink it all these days. Maybe 180ml.

Some dream feeds he'll have 180ml, others just 90-120ml.

Hope she does it again tonight for you. xx

• Yaaaaaaay success again i'm a very happy mummy

xx
  • That's great news! We've not long dropped the 4am feed so sticking with the DF for the time being! x
  • well done little one.how old is Alyssa hun?

im the same as xpatmum we have only dropped her 3-4am bottle a 9days ago so im still going 2 do the df till she start on food then were see how she goes.

sarah,samuel and layla 15wks x x x
  • Well done Alyssa, Sasha keeps teasing me with sleeping through, doing it occasionally and then the next night wakes three times! We dropped the 4amish feed a week or so ago now but we still do the df. I love doing the df though, I love the sleepy cuddles so we will be keeping that up for a while.