Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

loosing hair?

hello ladies, for the past week or so jacob has been loosing his hair, there is hardly any left, its qite noticable as he did have quite a lot! i thought it was a bit late for this to happen?

Replies

• Options
    Flynn is doing this at the minute too! He already had a bald patch at the back, but now most of the hair on the top and sides of his hair has fallen out, and been replaced by really short blonde sticking up hair!
    He looks silly now with blonde on most of his head, then longer dark brown hair at the back with a bald spot in the middle!
  • Options
    jacob has a tuft around his neck but the rest is gone, hes like a little old man hehe
  • Options
    elderly people keep telling me whilst out in town mostly that lizzie will lose her hair but she hasnt yet and neither did my daughter but my friends little girl had lovely aurband hair and lost it all to be replaced by blonde hair, shes still lovely but looks like a different child! image
  • Options
    Emilie has lost most of it except for a small mullet at the back now! I will find it odd if it comes back a different colour!
  • Options
    Cam lost his in over the space of a couple of days at about 16 weeks and i thought that was quite late. His second hairs are coming in thick and fast now though! Cam's is coming back in virtually the same colour though image xx
  • Options
    Ooh, thought this was about us mums at first, mine's falling out by the clump full! Pops seemed to lose a lot of her hair quite early on, and looking back at earlier pictures, was almost bald for a while! It's now growing back quickly, and I'm amazed by the amount she has-except for the monk spot at the back like Flynn! She also has a lil pony-tail piece at the back of her neck, which is darker than the rest of her hair xx
  • Options
    mine comes out in clumps but thats mostly to do with it being in jacobs fist!! the little terror like clumps of it in his hands so he can have a good chew!! weird child!!

i think it will be wierd if his hair came back a different colour esp blonde, dont think it would match his dark eyebrows :lol:
  • Options
    I luckily haven't lost any hair myself, but Flynn is also grabbing my hair and pulling it lately! His eyebrows have always been very light though, and almost look gingery in the light! His Dad has white blonde hair until he was about 3years old, and now its dark brown, so maybe Flynn is going to do the same?
  • Options
    Sasha has the monk look too. It's still reasonably thick on top but has all been rubbed away round the back and sides from twisting her head from side to side so much. After her bath when its still wet I brush it up into a mohican, it looks so cute. I think she is going to be a red head like her mummy, although mine was blonde as a child, but as their daddy is mixed race they are lucky they didn't get afro hair. I don't mean any offence to anyone by that comment but all my friends with afro hair tell me how much trouble it is too take care of, not to mention expensive.
  • Options
    Samuel continually had handfuls of my hair, so I took myself off to the hairdressers and had 4 inchs cut off. Was a sad day! Anyway-he still has handfuls, so the length had little to do with it-its falling out & I'm 4 inchs less!

xxxx

oh no! i was thinking of having mine cut but now youve said that i'm not sure i'll bother!!
  • Options
    James's hair has definitely got lighter, also thinner but no bald patches. His eyebrows are quite light already. OH had blonde hair as a baby, so maybe that's why. James is also a hair grabber. I put my hair in a ponytail during the hot weather, he still got the bits from the sides! I've always been a moulter, so don't think I'm losing anything more than usual. xx