Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Jan 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

who's lo still has

as dream feed???

im thinking bout stoping laylas 10.pm df? she on 2 meals aday and will start her 3rd on mon but she fast asleep and in a deep sleep when u go 2 get her at 10 and she use 2 take 8oz the last few nite she only takeing a 5-6oz .

do u think it 2 sn 2 stop her df??

she has her last bottle at 6.30 but 2day im geting round so she as her last bottle at 8 and no df im just worried im stoping her 2 soon

sorry 2 be a pain

sarah,samuel and layla 24wks 2day x x x

Replies

• our last bottle has been 7pm for about 10 weeks now, it might be worth a try if you think she doesnt need it? she will wake if she does x

becca and jacob 25 weeks, 1 day
  • We only dropped Cam's two days ago and he hasn't noticed! We just went cold turkey but he's been fine and now we don't hear a peep from 6.30pm to 5.30am! bliss! As becca says, if she does need it you'll know about it image x
  • we dropped ours a few weeks ago and sara hasnt noticed either!
  • We dropped ours a week ago. First 3 nights she was fine and slept through till 7, the next night she woke up at about 11pm, I think because we woke her up when we went to bed, and she wouldn't go back off so I fed her then. Last night she went through fine again but woke about 6 this morning for a feed.
  • thank ladies i was just geting worried that i was a mad mummy for stoping it.

im defo going 2 give her df a miss 2 nite as i think she would be ok with out it but she got 2 give it up at one point so mite as well give it a go 2nite.

sarah,samuel and layla x x x
  • I have found personally the longest lizzie will go is 8:30pm (last bottle) til 7:15 having first bottle of day about 7:30. i tried moving it back to 8:15 with intention of getting it nearer 7:30 but she woke up about a million times in the night! personally i would rather be feeding her at 8:30 and not be up in the night,lol x
  • We're still dream-feeding Poppy. She wouldn't/doesn't take enough milk throughout the day otherwise (she only takes 11oz total in first 2 bottles of the day!).

We attempted to drop it a week or two back, but it just resulted in her waking around midnight-which was a shock to the system! For that reason, we're quite happy to continue feeding her until she is weaned-we haven't started yet!xx
  • We dropped ours about 2 weeks ago after weaning her down to only taking an oz. She would take 4 or 5 oz but then wouldnt drink any milk in the morning.

Joanna xx
  • Emilie still has a 2oz DF about 11pm, but I have the last few days increased the ozs in her daytime bottles so hoping to try and drop the DF pretty soon. Her bottle before bed is now 7oz about 7.30pm and not including the DF she now has 26oz in the day.
  • we have had 2 nite now with no df and she doing realy well. she as her last bottle at 8.30 and then doesnt get up till 6.45-7 am im a happy mummy as the mo and so is she as now she goes 2 bed and that it for the nite .

thank for u advice ladies im happy i stop her df coz she didnt need it and now were all have a gd nite sleep

x x x x x
  • don't do a dream feed but have to say all you mummies who get to sleep till 6am minimum uninterupted so lucky- i cant remember the last time i wasn't up by 5am!

If only they could both have good nights on the same night it would be bliss!!
    xxx