Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Banging his feet

When in his crib, James has started to lift his feet up, and bang them back down. I'm not sure why he does it. Probably just because he can! image

Just wondered if any other lo's did it, or something similar? xx

Replies

• LO does this when he wants to get up as well as banging the bars :lol:
  • we find LOs dummy usually under the cot????
  • James used to kick the dream show, but only ever kicks to the left....so we moved it to the right side! :lol: Now he just pushes on it. This morning he was pulling on the buper! :roll: xx
  • We also have the dream show on the outside, as when we used the wedge, there was less room. Hence James would kick and kick and kick, until it fell on the floor. Has a nice little rattle now!

He's awake at the moment, and banging his feet?! xx
  • Quote: the other morning she woke me by hitting me in the face with one lol. Oh how I laughed (sorry!). It's like Chicken Licken & The Sky Falling In! I can imagine that was quite a rude awakening, mia's mummy! "Incoming!" :lol::lol:

As for the foot tapping/banging, Pops likes to 'stamp her feet' a lot lately, and swings her leg/foot when she's being fed. It seems to have coincided with her finding her feet a few weeks back, it's like she's realised they're a part of her & she can control them :lol: xx
  • Cameron does exactly the same thing lifts his legs up and bangs them back down he thinks it's funny!!!!
  • Emilie has taken to doing this in the maxi cosi and her heels bang onto the silver button you use to tighten the straps..I think it should hurt but apparently not! Just makes a good sound!
  • Maybe it is the sound! He only seems to do it in the crib. On the playmat, he just attacks all the toys with his feet! :lol: xx
  • Aarrrgghhh! Instead of just wriggling from about 3.30, now James picks his feet up and kicks the crib mattress! I really hope he gets bored of this new game soon! On the positive side, he's not woken properly until 6.00 two mornings running. But OMG could do without the banging! xx