Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2010

had our first puree meal last night!!!

xx

xx

xx

xx

xx

xx

for the last several weeks Cara has been chomping away on her fists and looking at our food, so i thought i would buy a jar of puree and see how it went. i was expecting her to just have a taste on the first attempt, but she actually had 1/3 of a jar! She had wide excited eyes following the spoon, and would even bring her head off her chair to get to the spoon! she really seemed to enjoy it! we have her a stage one Hipp organic jar, vegetable medley.

She will be 15 weeks on Tuesday and was 4 weeks early. im so proud of my little angel, and we took lots of pictures of her having her first meal image

Has anyone else given their LO puree yet?

Lisa x

[Modified by: LisaLeigh on 25 April 2010 14:48:57 ]

Replies

• me, but i'm naughty as my LO isn't 4 months til thursday *hangs head in shame* lol (however this is going by hospital due date which cannot in any possible way be correct, it had to be at least 3 weeks out as my OH was in another part of the country for 3 weeks and then i was away for a week when they reckon she was concieved so either they were very wrong or i got a positive test 3 days after she was concieved! lol )

emmy had been munching her hands etc the same as your LO but she had also been refusing milk. i mentioned it to my mum and she said i was exactly the same until i started getting food. lol.

emmy gets a teaspoonful of puree/porridge/rice etc at breakfast and lunch time and occasionally a spoon at tea if she's had a very long day and she loves her food image

her current favourite is anything with apples in. i shall post a pic of her enjoying her first puree as soon as i put one onto photobucket xx

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad59/jemmykins/002.jpg

[Modified by: jemmykins on April 25, 2010 02:21 PM]

• ooops sorry! i dont know how to make it smaller!

oh and pics of your LO trying their first food??
  • thats a lovely picture image

I dont actually know how to post photos, and I dont have a photobucket account. i will investigate, as we did take a few pictures. Didnt manage to get a nice smiley one like you, just of her being a piglet!! but i do love my piglet!!
  • lol i took about ten before i got a smile, and i only got that coz i sang her fave song to her x
  • fab pics, we are very messy since starting puree!!