Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2010

Feeling guilty

Hi ladies

After much hmmm'ing and aghhh'ing I've decided to get my hair highlighted and cut tomorrow. I haven't had it done for almost 2 years because I spent most of that time being pregnant and didn't want to risk it with the chemicals. Hubby said I should go and treat myself but it'll be the first time I've left Lyvi (apart from 10 mins when mum took her round the block whilst I ate my dinner the other weekend!) and I'm feeling so guilty!! I know that of course she'll be fine with Daddy and there'll be a bottle of expressed milk in the fridge in case I'm not back in time for her next feed but I feel really bad...like I shouldn't be leaving her. I don't want to take her with me because of all the chemicals in the hairdressers.

Anyone else not left their lo yet or felt really guilty when they did!?

Please tell me to stop being silly!! image

Love NN and Olyvia xxx

http://lb1f.lilypie.com/Tp6A.png

http://lbff.lilypie.com/vBTq.png

[Modified by: NattyNik on 24 February 2010 18:30:59 ]

Replies

• Stop being silly! :\) You deserve to be pampered, and you're leaving Olivya with her daddy! You have absolutely no reason to feel guilty, mummies need time to themselves. Although we love our lo's it's not good to not have time away from them. Enjoy having your hair done, you can talk about bubba while you're there, like the proud mummy you rightly are! xx

[Modified by: mithical on February 24, 2010 06:52 PM]

• You are not alone!! The OH and I went to Tesco's last week for 30 mins and left the baby with my mum. I started crying as soon Ad I got in the car and again in the baby aisle!!
  • Don't feel guilty, as Mithical says us Mummies need some pampering time. I sympathise too though, I have an opportunity to go out for a couple of hours on Saturday evening and leave Dylan with my mum as he is now on the bottle, but I am torn as to what to do.

Hope the hair do is fabulous!

Kay x
  • yes I am also one who always feels guilty! its my birthday next week and I am going to go out for a meal and drinks on a girly night out. Now my DD1 (who is 4) is coming with us to the meal and then going to go back and sleep at my mums with my mum as mum doesnt drink and is undergoing treatment for cancer at mo so is too toried to be out for too long but Lizzie will be staying with daddy and I have spent last couple of weeks asking him if he is sure he will be ok,ect as I will be sleeping at my mums with my DD1, as where we are going out is over 20miles from our house but only 5 min walk from my mums! Now I know full well Lizzie will be 100% fine with daddy-I mean, he looked after dd1 with no probs so no reason they wont be fine, but I just feel so guilty leaving them!
    anyway I am still going to go and enjoy myself just like you should do with having your hair done.
    can we see some pics after,bet it will look lovely!! x
  • Don't feel guilty, you need some time to yourself. It is hard when you leave baby with someone else for the first time, but it does get a whole lot easier. We've left Eva a few times with her grandparents and it was hard at first but when I left her with her nanna yesterday (whilst I went to get my hair cut) I was absolutely fine (and by all accounts she had a whale of a time without me!). You have to remember that you are not just a mummy 24/7, you need some 'me time' too x

Vickie x
  • Also, think how important it is for your hubby to have time minding Lyvi on his own - sometimes I worry that partners might feel a bit redundant at times if moms feel they have to be there for LO ALL the time
  • Also, think how important it is for your hubby to have time minding Lyvi on his own - sometimes I worry that partners might feel a bit redundant at times if moms feel they have to be there for LO ALL the time
  • My sister and brother in law are currently visiting and we left Cam with them for an hour and a half last night and went to the pub. It was the first time i'd been away from him and was in tears in the car within about 30 seconds!! It was silly as he was fast asleep upstairs and i knew he wouldn't even wake up while we're out but i felt so bad at the thought that he might wake up and me and daddy wouldn't be there to give him a cuddle and he might get scared! What a silly mummy - he was fine though. I know we shouldn't feel guilty for leaving them but it's perfectly normal to worry! Hopefully next time we leave him i'll be able to relax a bit more! x
  • its an awful feeling isnt it!
    i am staying at my mums and left jacob with his grandad whilst we went out for tea, i was dying to get back to him!! it did do me good to be out for a couple of hours but i missed him sooooooooooooo much, i think it would be weird not to feel anything and perfectly natural afterall they are our little babies x

becca and jacob
    8 weeks
  • Thanks ladies!

Well I went and got my hair cut and of course Lyvi was fine with her Daddy (think she wore him out though as he's currently having a nap!! :lol: )

I missed her loads and couldn't wait to get home and she gave me a big smile when I got back (once she'd woken up!) image

And bonus - I am really pleased with my new hair-do! (photos on FB for those who are on there!!)

Love NN and Olyvia xxx

http://lb1f.lilypie.com/Tp6A.png

http://lbff.lilypie.com/vBTq.png

• Gorgeous yummy mummy! Glad Olyvia was ok...not that there was any doubt!