Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Jan 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

fed up! (RANT)

I'm so annoyed today. Got a text from my mum to see if she and my dad could come round this afternoon, which they always do, I text back to see if they could come a bit earlier than normal as we had just made plans to go round to MIL for dinner. I got a nasty phone call saying that they upset because they don't see her enough. This made my blood boil, so she got it back, I told her shes my duaghter and I don't get to see her hardly monday to friday because of work. (Don't get me started on work, I'm a teacher and my department has been wreaked by the cover they got in I've gone from Outstanding to unsatisfactory while I've been off. When my staff complained they got told 'oh just let it go, Kelly will sort it when she comes back'.) anyway I ended up going round to their house only for them to act as if everything was fine. I'm just so fed up that I've got to cope with how everyone else feels when I'm not coping well with been back at work full time. Sorry for the rant but I'm just so fed up.

On the up side Abigail is finally crawling forwards, shes been going backwards for about 2 months and on Friday she started going forwards (missed it coz I was at work) but today she has had lots of practice and is now like Billy Whizz!

Kelly

Replies

• yay on the crawling,

sorry your having such a rubbish time, its hard when back at work, we dont have set days for family to visit i couldtn stand the one/two days we get to spend as a family taken up by visitors, selfish eh!

hope things start to pick up x
  • Hope you're OK, I completely understand! From a different level you wouldn't believe it but my parents get upset if they try to skype us and we're already busy talking with MIL and FIL! They expect me to end that call to talk with them! They also expect us to sit around all day with the computer on incase they feel like calling, I don't think so! Being far away does have it's benefits we can pretend to be out and ignore the phoneimage

Congratualtions on the crwling, we're not even close she's now refusing to do anything other than sitting or standing...at this rate she'll walk before crawling! x x
  • oh i know exactly how u are feeling hun!!! i get this constantly and it drives me mad. OH's family are italian and very family orientated and its expected to see them loads. we have been really busy lately and OH has been working really hard. we missed one sunday dinner and OH's mum was straight on the phone saying how we dnt bother with them ever and they hardly see us etc etc. OH was quite upset and demanded an apology! its like a bloody competition over who see's who in what side of the family gr! my sister has also moved out of my mums so now mum is alone and broke down to me last week saying she hates it! i see her every saturday while OH plays football so she cant really complain.
    ur rant turned into my rant sorry lol.
    well done on the crawling jasmine is bum shuffling but no crawling yet xxx nat xxx