Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Jan 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Another Poo related question!!

Just wondering if it's possibly an allergic reaction but Emilie had carrot for the first time yesterday and after already doing her daily poo she pooed again about an hour after eating and again a lot in the night ( I wondered why her room smelled of carrots!).

Is this a normal reaction to carrot? She was fine on the butternut squash!

Replies

• When Sara had carrot for the first time she poo'd loads, its settled down now, mainly I think because I put carrot in a veg medley...just off to read your other post to see what her poo is like!!

If in doubt you could try her back on the sweet potatoe for a couple of days then try again with carrot??? Just an idea

• Blonde moment, thought you'd done another post but I can't see it...what is her poo like? Is it korma-ish? I think (not SURE) but as long as its not green i think its ok...might be wrong
  • TMI ALERT!

lol, her poo is a never ending tale of wonder! She was pooing only every 2 or 3 days and it was very dark green. Started on some milk thickening granules and it went to everyday (with a bit of jumping in the jump N Poo) but still pretty green!

Since starting solids it's gone a bit more yellow but after the carrot there is loads and it's a bit watery?!! Nothing like it has been before. I mixed the carrot with some baby rice tonight so I'll see if that helps, I don't want her to be allergic to carrots!
  • we seem to have a lot more poos when he has had carrot, maybe its a clearing veg :lol:

we had 5 in one day last week! poos not veg :lol:
  • I agree PP - I think carrot is a clearing veg!!! Actually now you say it, I ended up mixing the carrot with baby rice because of the multi-poo situation, and now I only serve in a veg medley!

I wouldn't worry tbh, (but that's just me) poo's are bound to be a bit diff with new/different foods etc.

Loving the new name for the jumparoo! There must be something about bouncing, Sara poo's in her door bouncer all the time - such a pain because its such a pfaff to get her in/out

• I think now I know she likes carrot (she couldn't get it in fast enough) we'll leave it until I start mixing veg. The baby rice didn't seem to help at all! Starting sweet potato tonight, hopefully that is a little better!

Jumping and pooing is also a very messy business, it struggles to stay in the nappy at the best of times!

x x