Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2010

How many daily oz's at about 24 weeks?

For those who are bottle feeding I was wondering what the total daily oz's your LO's are having now and whether or not that is with weaning or without?

Emilie currently has 840mls so about 28oz and 2 meals a day at 24 weeks.

Liz x x

Replies

• Sara gets through about 24ozs and three meals a day, I would say though she hasn't been finishing her bottles recently and so I think I'm going to drop a bottle and make the others a bit bigger IYKWIM, so she has more "meal times" rather than snacking. However with the hea she's been drinking loads of water and eating a bit less, so it's hard to gauge if it's just due to the weather

• Poppy takes about 32oz a day, give or take, over 5 bottles. We haven't started weaning yet. She will be 25 weeks on tuesday-where has that gone?!?xx
  • Charlie takes 45oz a day at 21 weeks. Can't fit more than 9oz into the bottles we have! We are waiting til 26 weeks to wean.

Xx
  • I went to the hv clinic last week and the hv said that on 3 meals a day Cam only needed 20oz of milk a day! A fair lot less than his usual 42 + 3 boobs that he was on! I have read other places though (eg in anabel karmels book) that 24-28oz is recommended. I guess it depends on your lo! Cam put on 2lb 1oz in 4 weeks (!) so we are looking at reducing his milk intake but not to as little as 20. We tried that for a day and he was a miserable little mite! the last 3 days we've been on 28oz ish , that seems to work for him for the moment and he's 24+4 and on 3 big meals a day xxx
  • Emilia is on about 25 oz and three meals. Goodness knows where she puts it all as she is only about 14lb....she has gone from one extream to the other!

Joanna x
  • Lizzie is 26 weeks (i think,lol) well she is 6 months tuesday anyway!
    I offer her 3 8oz bottles a day so 24oz.out of that 24 oz she will drink about 21oz of it. she also has 3 meals a day with both lunch and dinner she has a fruit pudding.
    she is just under 17lb at mo x
  • very little!!

we currently have 7oz at breakfast and 9oz at bedtime with 3 meals a day, i offer as much dairy as i can as he wont have more, so about 16oz, i am going to get him weighed on thursday to see if this has impacted on his weight at all x

becca and jacob
    25weeks, 4days
  • emmy-lee usually has between 16-24oz depending on her mood. today however she has only had 12.5oz! she does have three meals a day and a snack in the afternoon usually and i do the same as piggypops and offer as much dairy as i can.

TBH i've always had problems getting alot of milk into emmy though as she has slept an 8 hour night from 4/5 weeks and a 12/13 hour night from 8/9 weeks so she's been on 4 bottles a day since she was really little.

she has dropped a tiny bit on her growth centile in the past month but i'm not too concerned as i think it has more to do with the heat than anything else as she doesnt want milk when she's hot but will chug water and juice for england! lol
  • Flynn is on 3 meals per day and still takes most of the milk from his 5 bottles, which would work out at about 35oz if he left, say, 1oz from each bottle. He's a big boy though and a good eater, and weight/height perfectly in proportion so I'm happy with what he's having.
    He's 22 weeks!

[Modified by: Rosalie777 on June 29, 2010 11:23 AM]