Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2010

Changing milk at 6 months

Hi Ladies

I was just wondering yesterday about changing milk at 6 months. Do you have to do it? To be honest it would be better for us at stage 2 milk is half the price in Italy!
Obviously if the normal Aptamil 1 milk is better for her we will keep going with that...just wondering really

Joanna x

Replies

• yes it is fairly important, the 6 month plus milk contains the extra iron your baby needs from 6 months. i do no some mums who have carried on with sma gold til one tho as it says if they seem happy on its ok to carry on.....
    xx
  • i wondered if it was the same, we are on aptimal hungry baby so i dont know weather changing to follow on would mean he would become hungry? its cheaper here too and always on offer!!
  • That's something strange I noticed about the hungry baby milk Becca, in the UK it's classsed as Birth to 12 Months and has a big 2 on the packet. Here they have 0-6 hungry baby (stage 1) and 6-12 hungry baby (stage 2). It's the same manufacturer so it makes me wonder if there is actually a difference!
  • with dd1 i always kept her on first stage milk but gp told me they will change lizzies milk to stage 2 at 6 months as she is on prescribed milk.