Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2010

The best disposable nappy?

Just wondered what nappies all you ladies are using. I don't really want to go down the cloth nappy route, and have had Flynn in Pampers since birth.
Unfortunately he has grown so fast that he now has about 136 nappies (including 2 unopened large packs! D'oh) that he's already grown out of, and I was thinking of changes brands anyway, since Pampers has been letting so many parents down with their new design nappies. I also find that Pampers don't fit his body shape that well to be honest.
I have tried Baby Naturecare and was quite impressed, and have had experience with lots of nappies due to my job, but would like to hear recommendations from other Mummies who use them more regularly.
Can anyone recommend a really good disposable nappy? Cost isn't really too much of a factor.

Replies

• We use Asda's 'Little Angels Action Fit' for Pops. We have been through quite a few as we had major problems with leaks over-night, and have found these to be the best. She can stay in them for 12hours+ over night & not leak! Plus, with her movement increasing, they seem to move with her too xx
  • I quite like huggies at the moment. I didn't like them when Sara was tiny, but after the pampers fiasco I thought I'd better try another brand. They keep her dry all night and they don't smell (I've found sometimes pampers do, no idea why?!)

We haven't got any of the major supermarkets so can't comment on 'own' brands - sadly as my SIL loves tesco's own nappies, she's used them for all three of her kids. I dream of being able to shop in a tesco's!!!

• I also like Huggies at the moment. Arthur is already in size 5 nappies but for the night just to make sure he does not leak he wears size 6.
    I was given a box of size 6 from a friend who had started potty training and hubby put one on Arthur by mistake one night. Usually I would have had to change him during the night as if I didn't he would wake up wet (bad mother!).

Since placing him in the next size nappy he has not wet through once and is in his nappy from 8-6.30.

xx