Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Jan 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Milk

I need some advice

Cameron to begin with was on a mixture of breast milk and formula as he didnt quite catch on to what he should have being doing with the breast milk!

Eventually I decided that we would stop the attempt at breast feeding and just go fully on formula. He is on 5oz of Aptimal every 3-4 hours. Over the weekend he has been very windy down below and saving up a dirty nappy all day and plastering just one. Has anyone else had this problem?? I dont quite know if this is normal or not?? He is winding perfect during each feed.

Replies

• Emilia is exactly the same. I am just glad the wind is coming out one way or another!!

Joanna
  • Eva is just the same. She is having 4oz (Cow & Gate) every 4 hours and although she does usually wind after each feed, she also trumps like a trooper all day. She also has just one dirty nappy each day, all the others are just wet. I guess it's all normal.

Vickie & Eva (3 weeks 5 days)
  • Yep, Lizzie is exactly the same! one massive big pooey nappy once a day and lots of wind from her bottom, and it has been more from her mouth since we started colic drops too as she was so uncomfy! x
  • us too!

we are on sma and jacob has either 1 or 2 poos really smelly and lots of trumps, i'd rather that that trapped wind though!!

becca and jacob
    7 weeks, 3 days
  • Hiya - my Cameron (good name choice btw image) is the same - is currently draining 5 oz every 3 hours and trumps alot and only has one mega poo a day. They smell ungodly!!!!! xx
  • Hiya - my Cameron (good name choice btw image) is the same - is currently draining 5 oz every 3 hours and trumps alot and only has one mega poo a day. They smell ungodly!!!!! xx
  • I'm glad it's not just James' poos that smell really bad! He takes 4-5 oz 2.5-4 hourly, has one poo a day. Trumps are more in the evening, and tend to be trapped until we pick him up and pat/rub his back. xx mithical and James 5 weeks and 3 days.
  • Yep, Sebastan is the same. He takes 4-5oz 3-4 hourly (Cow and Gate) and normally winds fine after a feed but trumps all day.

We only get one dirty nappy every 1 1/2 days and you know it's coming because he gets really grumpy until he's done it.
  • Thanks for all the replies at least you are all experiencing the same I thought there might have been something wrong!