Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Teething nappies *New question*

It's a question I need to ask, but I apologise about the subject! :roll: So some of you lovely ladies have lo's teething, and some with teeth. :\) James had loosish nappies when on colief, then things got a bit more solid when we stopped it. The reason I have to ask, is I just got projectile pooed on!! I might find it a bit funnier if it wasn't 6am, and my PJ's weren't in an intensive wash right now. image So anyway back to the description...they have gone back to being a bit looser, a bit more green in colour, but still mostly yellow and a bit lumpier. Does this sound like teething poos? I am so sorry, and huge thanks to anyone that replies! xx

[Modified by: mithical on 30 May 2010 09:55:35 ]

Replies

• Lovely topic, my fav!!!!

Amber has had greeny poo for most of her life and I have been projectile pooed on many times!!!! usually at 6am, and one time up the wall!

Is James unwell, or is it just the teeth? I find that if Amber has more greeny mucusy poos, she will have a snuffley nose as well. She is teething and has her fist constantly in her mouth, but her nappies are the same greeny, yellowy, bitty, mucusy as always!

Glad i've had my breakfast!!!

xxx

• Alyssa is teething and her poops are very runny yellow and lumpy so yes they sound the same,

Well thats me off my porridge haha!!

xx
  • Thanks for your replies. That's why I put a warning! :lol::lol::lol:

James is fine otherwise, which is why I thought of teething. He does the fist in mouth, anything he can reach in mouth, drooling.

I wasn't sure if he was just lucky and not getting the nappies or if I had been wrong about the teething before.

Either way teeth have probably been moving about in his gums, as they do that anyway. maybe this means he's closer to cutting one? :\) xx
  • Hi, I'm sorry to jump this subject back up to the top. But I'd like another question answered. Now obviously I'm putting there foul nappies down to teething, despite not being able to feel any teeth coming through, and James not showing every other sign. So because he isn't unwell, no temp, taking his milk, sleeping as poorly as he usually does ( :lol: ). Would you go to the dr if it went beyond 5-7 days, or just if he showed another symptom? It's not lots of times a day, just twice, but it does tend to escape his nappy each time. Thanks for any help. xx
  • I don't know if I can help but before Emilie's teeth came through there was no change in her poo at all, only once I started solids and using thicker milk because of throwing up has she started pooing 4 or 5 times a day and it's always yellow and watery! Big change from a big green one once every 2 or 3 days!
  • I would prob take my LO if it had gone on for a long time...I'd start thinking along the lines of milk allergy etc, however, I'd go for reassurance more than anything else, it prob is teeth though!

Liz - its wierd about teething and nappies isn't it?! Some LO's are really affected in the nappy dept when teething, others totally not. I read somewhere the looser stools are sue to excess saliva being produced/swallowed. I guess if your LO is a real dribbler then less gets digested!

Hope James keeps well - let us know what you decide

• I'm hoping he's reaching the end of it if it's a bug. Yesterday was more wind than anything. When he did go it was a lot in the morning, and less in the afternoon. Thanks for the advice. I'll give him until Wednesday, Thursday. Then it'll have been a week. xx
  • I think you're right mybutler, Emilie is a right dribble monkey I don't think she swallows any of it!

I am getting a bit concerned over her new poos though...going to switch back to her old milk for a few days and see if her poo goes back to normal if not we might be asking the HV for advice!