Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Anyone still using a dummy?

i feel like im the only one who gives a dummy?
jasmine wud def not go to sleep without it now :roll:
please tell me im not the only one. if so when do u plan to get rid of it? i was hoping on 1yr but i know i didnt stick with that for ds.

nat xx

Replies

• lizzie still has one to fall asleep with but spits it out within 30secs of falling asleep and doesnt wake in the night for it to resettle herself or anything so im happy for her to keep it for now. dd1 had one til she was 18months when they were hung on the xmas tree for santa to take them for the babies in exchange for a speacil big girl gift- think the easter bunny will be doing them same for lizzie!!
  • Emilie still uses hers to sleep and to sooth her in the day if she gets a bit grumpy. I have a rule that it has to go when she starts trying to talk but she now has 6 teeth so we're going to work on using it less!

She is starting to suck her fingers and thumbs a bit more when she doesn't have it in the day though, OH is not happy about that as we can't take them away! x x
  • we still have ours and i wont think about removing it until his first birthday, we did initiallly just use it for sleep but as hes had such a bad time with teething we have let him have it much more x
  • Cam has dummy too. We took it away for naps a few months ago but we gave it back when we went on holiday and he's kept it ever since. He has it to fall asleep and finds and pops it back in himself if/when he wakes up in the night. He has it in the day too if he's grumpy. I'm not too worried about removing it just yet to be honest - i like the christmas tree idea though wannababy! x