Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Jan 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Holidays. Eeeek!!

We're off on holiday tomorrow and i'm so excited but also completely completely terrified! I have written list after list of things to pack for Cameron and I think i've got everything but I'm just apprehensive that I've forgotten something really important and I won\t realise until we get there. Also worried that he'll be a nightmare on the airplane, or won't sleep in the hotel cot , or won't deal with the heat well! Has anyone else been away with LO yet? Any advice?!

Aside from all the ridiculous worrying I am looking forward to it . OH finished work yesterday lunchtime and doesn't go back until the 14th June so it'll be so nice to have some family time together. And i'm looking forward to not having to clean or cook , and sunshine. It's just a scary prospect going abroad with a third person!! xxx

Replies

• No advice Hun but in the same boat! I spent all of yesterday packing the car up and we have begun our drive to France today! I think I've been very organised but the rain has made me realise I've not brought a brolly! Fingers crossed the weather looks up in france.

I too am worrying he won't sleep in travel cot, won't go to sleep if we are out having dinner etc... But I am armed with plenty of milk cartons and am really excited!

It's our first real holiday with my stepdaughter too and we are off to eurodisney so a real treat for her.

Enjoy your travels Hun xx
  • No advice to offer, sorry. Just wanted to wish you both happy holidays xx
  • Wow, have a great time you two! *skulks off green with envy*
  • completely gatecrashing from Feb2010 (I sometimes sneak in to see how you ladies are doing and what to expect in another 4 weeks!) but just wanted to say you'll be fine!

we took DD away a couple of weeks ago and after practically giving myself a stroke with worry about what to take and had I packed everything and what if she gets ill, too hot, won't sleep etc etc it was completely fine.

DD was totally unfazed by the plane, the heat ( we went to Mallorca and it wasn't as hot as it was here last weekend!), sleeping in her pram while we went out for tea etc.

Have faith in your mummy packing skills and look forward to ticking off holiday number 1 !

have a great time!

xxx
  • Sadly we had a car crash today about an hour after I posted. We all appear to be fine although our brand new car is not! I cried for an hour out if shock and worry for my little boy.

My dad has come to the rescue and meant us his car so we can still go but we have now been in car since 8am and will be driving through the night to catch the ferry on time tomorrow. So tired but very relieved and shaken up.
  • Oh wow...missusbee, really glad you're all ok. What a nightmare! You'll def need our holiday now, hope the rest of the trip is hazard free.

((((big hugs))))

• Oh Missusbee that's horrible - glad you're all ok though and that your holiday is still a go. Hope you get a nice long rest when you get to France. We're just about packed now, after a few outbursts of tears (from me & cam!) Luckily OH finally decided to take charge and ordered me around this afternoon drill sergeant styly so i actually got stuff done instead of just sitting and fretting! Thanks for your replies, I have packed a mini pack for the plane sugarpuff and it's good to know there's others who have been with a young LO and survived to tell the tale! Just need to get some cartoons of milk tomorrow and then we're ready to go....eeek! xx