Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

I'M BACK!!!

Well, after my longest ever absence from BE (I was as grumpy as a junkie going cold turkey according to OH!!!) I'm back, house nearly back together, just got the finishing touches to do.

How's everyone?

Have put a load of Sara's baby-baby things on our local second hand website eg glider chair etc...I just cannot believe where the time has gone...a house wrecking ginger nut has replaced my lovely laid back baby, but its such great fun!

Right, *waves* off to have a nose at all the posts I've missed and catch up on the goss

Hugs friends xxx

Replies

• Options
    Oops, double post! BE must be excited to have you back too!xx

[Modified by: honeyPops on September 21, 2010 08:25 PM]

• Options
    Good to 'see' you back, was wondering where you've been! What have you been doing with/in your house??

It is really scary how quickly the time is going, and how much our lo's are changing/learning/developing. Hope whatever it is you've been doing to the house has involved baby proofing :lol: Hope you & Sara are well xx
  • Options
    welcome back!! it addicitive isnt it here!! well dont ever go cold turkey again and you will be fine.
    Im not sure what to do with Lizzies baby stuff, we got rid of everything after we had dd1 and it cost us a small fortune to start again so im a bit aprehenisive (sp?)of selling it all! x
  • Options
    Nice to have you back, hope the house is looking good. I know what you mean about the wrecking machine, how do they do it, I cant' put anything down for 1 second with someone getting it and trying to eat it. including a dirty nappy before it was put in the pail!! Sasha's little baby things have already gone to the charity shop, so sad but can't hold onto them forever I suppose.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies.

We were redoing the lounge, had to plaster the walls then paint them. Sand pine floor (stained dark) and then I limed it then varnished it. Suspended a swing chair from our beams and generally made our house feel like a beach-hut! Also painted the bedroom and put in new carpet. Meanwhile, OH ripped up the drive and relandscaped the garden!

Also just generally had a spring clean everywhere, cleared out my clothes that were too small before I got pregnant with Sara! Cleared out Sara's stuff too and some of OH's...shhhh though, he hasn't noticed yet!

Now I'm just enjoying selling everything that I've cleared out...love it.

Wannababy, I bought nearly everything 2nd hand for Sara as I knew I'd want to get rid of it again rather than keeping it for no2, as we are planning on a few years between. We just don't have room to store everything. So far I've sold everything for the same price as I bought it for image Its all in great condition and we def wouldn't have been able to afford half the stuff if we bought it new.

xxx