Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Drinking water...

I was wondering if any of you ladies have any tips for getting lo to drink water? We have tried cool boiled from a bottle-no thank you!-and bottled water (HV suggestion) from a sippy cup. As soon as she realises it's not milk, she lets it dribble down her chin :lol:

I bought some Cow & Gate juice & added this to the water, thinking a bit of flavour might encourage her, but no joy. I have also ordered a doidy cup, but think the issue is that it's not milk, iyswim? We will be starting weaning in the coming weeks, and obviously I would like to encourage her to drink with her meals. Any advice/tips gratefully appreciated xx

Replies

• We have the same problem...She is slightly better with the doidy cup. I am just hoping that its a phase and once they get used to the difference it will be fine xx
  • jacob takes it better when its been in the fridge and properly cold, he also likes the MAM beakers with the firmer spout, i am sure hes prefer tap water when i try him next week, i cant say i would be a fan of cooled boiled water myself!
  • Eva only likes it when it's been in the fridge too. One trick I do have though if she downright refuses to drink the water from her bottle, is to soak the corner of her muslin in the water and she happily sucks it off there, and I just keep soaking it until she's had enough. A bit strange, but it works for us.
  • Thank you for all your suggestions. I used water from the fridge this morning, and she seemed to take it better! She definitely had a few sips, and didn't let it run down her chin, so I think we may have cracked it! It was juice, so going to try her with just cold water tomorrow. I know I can always rely on you lovely ladies for great ideas image xx