Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2010

SPD :-(

I suffered slightly this pregnancy with SPD but really bad sciatica. Well since the birth of my little man 10 days ago my sciatica is a thing of the past and my SPD has reared it's ugly head big time. I'm in constant agony and when I stand up after sitting for a while I walk like an old women. It's really getting me down as I want to be able to enjoy both my DS and my DD who is 2 years old and I can't get on the floor to play with her and be a mum like I want'. It's not as if the birth caused this set back as I had a planned C-Sec. I still have my Diclofenac and paracetamol from hospital for section wound and that is ok and have not much [pain there but Im still taking the painkillers for my SPD pain which is really getting me down now. Im off to see the chiropracter next Tuesday so hopefully that might help ease the pain as he helped me during my pregnancy.

Are any of you SPD sufferers still suffering since having your lo's or has it gone now. I was so lucky with DD that it disappeared as soon as I had her but this time it's appeard after I've had him image

Sorry just wanted a whinge as Im feeling down and sorry for myself being in so much pain.

Gem & William (10 days old)

Replies

• Hi Gem, I just saw this post and I wanted to let you know that I've been having a rough time with my left hip since the birth. I wasn't diagnosed with SPD during pregnancy but had my fair share of sciatica and general pelvic pain, but nothing compared to SPD. 2 days after delivery I noticed that I was in quite a bit of pain in my left hip, so much so that when I get up I have to hold on to something to try to put as little weight on that leg as possible. I've been waiting to see if it clears but no joy! I've been hobbling around and only made it out of the house by myself once. So I've also been feeling rather sorry for myself and it's starting to get me down as I want to be able to take out the baby for fresh air and move around the house without it being such a big task.

I'm going to go to the GP about it next week if it's still painful.

Hope that helps to know someone else is struggling too, hope you are feeling better now though.

Fay and baby Florence (12 days old)