Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2010

so down about going back to work

i am dreading it, i go back on saturday to 12 and a half hours of pure slogg, i am going to be soooo tired on sunday :\(

Replies

• I feel for you, I'm going back in 10 days. I'm kind of in two minds about it though, sometimes I'm looking forward to it and other times I'm dreading it too, I am looking forward to the paycheck though.

12 hrs is a long old shift though, thats gonna be seriously hard. At least I'm able to be fairly flexible with my hours to a certain extent but they are going to be long days, I'll take dd1 to school, then start work after, work through till about 3 then have a couple of hours break, in which time I'll have to pick up Jess from school and run a few errands or do some housework, then I'll be back to work for the evening shift, hopefully get a break to see lo's before bed, then back to bar and close at 11pm so finish about 11.30 which means after a bit of wind down time will mean I will rarely be in bed before midnight. If its quiet enough then I can leave the bar and come upstairs but then i still have to close up at the end.

At least the girls are only upstairs though so I will be able to see them throughout the day, I bet you are going to find it tough being away from Jacob all day :cry:.

Good luck for Saturday, i hope it goes ok for you.

xx
  • i'm really hoping it wont be long, hubby has said i can be a SAHM when we have no2 image looking forward to doing that!
  • Hi i feel your pain hun. I was meant to go back to those awful 12.5 hour shifts ast monday but i rang and quit! I just couldnt do it!!
    Luckily I am starting a new job on monday which means i dont start before 8am and dont finish later than 6pm (and i dont work the whokle 8-6 either).
    I hope they do something about these silly 12.5 hour shifts as the staff are going to be sooo tired and mistakes are going to happen.
    good luck and i lpook forward to seeing a bfp post soon!
  • I'm still burying my head in the sand about the whole thing, and I'm due back 20th September! I don't want to have to do the 12.5hour days, but think they're going to try and make me as not many people like doing 7.5hours-wtf?!?

The thought of leaving Pops with anyone other than hubby for any length of time fills me with dread. And actually going back to the mad house scares the bejesus out of me, especially as there have been so many managerial changes since I left.

There will only be 20 weeks till my EDD when I go back, and I'll still have 6 weeks holiday to take ;o) I hope you get your bfp soon, then you can start the count down to mat leave and becoming a SAHM. I'll have to go back for 3 months to pay back mat pay though image

Hubby has also said he wants me to be a SAHM as it's not worth working to pay for childcare for 2. I'm in full agreement, would much rather bring my babies up, and feel blessed to have that choice. Keeping my eyes pealed for your bfp post xx