Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Milk

Well we're going through a day of disinterest today! So far James has taken 5oz in total! 4,1, then 0! Could not persuade him he wanted any from his 3pm bottle! He's taken all his food ok. Just hope he makes up for it with his 7 and 10pm bottles. Little tinker just tries to wriggle off my lap, or is all smiles if I stand him up.

If it carries on I'll drop the 11am bottle. But knowing James he's just messing me about! :roll:

Might try some calpol before bedtime bottle to see if it's teeth, but would be surprised. xx

Replies

• Maybe it's something in the air! Pops refused her morning bottle, then took 5oz when offered it again, and has taken 3oz of her next bottle. I'm hoping she takes 8oz at bedtime, and even then it'll only be 16oz! She has eaten well too...

We had tears at bedtime last night, after calpol. It took her an hour and a half to settle, which is very unusual, and that was only after I'd given her neurofen! Maybe it is teething, at least I'm hoping there's something to show for it, lol.

Hope James is back to normal soon xx
  • I know what you mean. I expect a tooth in the morning! :lol:

James is tired after only 2x1/2hr naps instead of 3. But that doesn't stop him taking his milk usually.

Once again he's eaten his dinner. Have given him 2 petit filous, to try to make up for some of the lost milk! image xx
  • yep in the air! lizzie only took 5oz this morning too1 and she will only have 1 other bottle today at 7:30 of 8oz. I spoke to doc today (regarding something else but i mentioned her lack of milk) and doc said not to worry too much as shes never going to like milk as shes intolerent to so much and just to let her have what she wants, she will sense if i get stressed and will refuse even more!
    so we are sticking to the 2 bottles totalling 16oz of fomula and 2oz of soya milk on her readybrek!
  • I'm thinking James will probably make up for it tomorrow. I'll worry if I need to in a couple of days. He usually makes his 20oz, as he still has 5 bottles. So 2 left to go. xx
  • Well, that was hard work! She only took 6oz, and was reluctant with that. She kept rolling the teat around her mouth after sucking it for a while, then drinking again...Surely this has got to be teeth :lol: or at least the beginnings of! Hubby added cheese sauce to her lunch, and she's had a dairy pudding too, so hope she's had enough. Like you, I'll worry if she carries on being a monkey. Fingers crossed for us both they don't thoughimage xx
  • I'm going to be trying James again in a minute. He literally pushes the teat out, then wriggles down, and starts to whinge! Most of the time have to lower him to the floor, as he just keeps moving until I stand him, or put him down! xx
  • We are having the same problem...but we have the heat and teeth to contend with! Cheeky monkeys!! xx
  • Got just under 4 oz into him. So a whle 9oz today! xx
  • 5 more and you've caught us :lol: xx
  • Have to see if he drinks more later, because he's asleep and forgets to fight it! xx
  • How funny, there must definately be something in the air today. Sasha just would not have a feed before bedtime tonight. She fed ok this morning, had a bottle about 11am which she had about 5oz, about 5oz again at 3pm, a normal sized dinner but then just would not feed from me at all before bed. It made me a bit sad, I hope because I have introduced a couple of bottles in preparation for me going back to work it doesn't mean that she doesn't want mummy milk anymore :cry:

And of course it also means that she will wake up in the night hungry!
  • Maybe you need to try a dream feed tonight Sarah? I'm about to go to bed, and feed James too.

Hopefully she isn't going too far towards the bottle. But it's good she will take them. xx