Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Jan 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

straws?

thought i;d ask in the safety of here if you don;t mind. but is there any reason i can't give emmy-lee a straw? she makes such a mess with her doidy at the min and refuses any form of sippy cup (and i have about 9) but she quiet happily tried to steal my apple juice carton earlier and did actually manage to work out how the straw worked just as i got it away the little tinker lol

so would i be ok to give her her doidy and a straw to have her water? its not like she'd be left alone so i can't see an issue but thought i'd see if anyone knew of one before i give her it?

Replies

• I don't think that should be a problem if you are watching her image
  • I guess the only thing would be long term use mis-shaping her teeth.

Also, water is ok but not sure if you give her juice? But giving that with a straw will make it lie on her gums/teeth even more and cause tooth decay.

Love NN xx
  • it's mostly til she can lift her cup on her own as she gets very frustrated at the min as it's too heavy (she's a gulper when it comes to her water lol) when it's full. think i'll give her a straw for now til she can manage a big full cup as otherwise i'm up every two mins filling it now she's down to two bottles a day!

thanks girls