Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

BIJ weight loss group

So who is up for it then? After talking about it the other day I am really determined now to shift this weight. They say 9 months on, 9 months off, well lo is now 8 months and it nowhere near off.

So I weighed myself this morning, and gasped in horror, as I have actually put about half a stone on in the last couple of months. My goal is to lose 2st 10lbs, so starting today I am doing a low cal diet and exercise. Ideally I would like to reach my goal in 4 months (I would like to be wearing a size 10 dress for lo's birthday). I think that works out at an average of 1.3ils a week so hopefully that is doable. I'm going on holiday in 4.5 weeks so I am setting myself a mini goal of losing a stone in that time.

So who is with me?

Replies

• I'm up for it, I work in kgs though so my goal is to lose 7 kgs (15.4lbs) and be at my wedding weight on LO's first birthday 9th January. So I guess that's about 1lb a week.

Alternatively as I am working out and my weight is going nowhere a secondary goal is to lose 3 inches from my waist in the same time, I'll be happy with either!
  • I'm definately up for this...before I was pregnant I weighed about 11stone...and now...I weigh a shocking 13stone 10lb!!!
    I went to the doctor, and they gave me a gym referral, so I can use my local gym with a huge discount for 12weeks to get me started!
  • erm yes i am defo up for this!!!! i apparently need to lose 4 stone according to bmi etc but at 3 stone lighter i was quite thin and would be perfectly happy with that so thats what im aiming for.
    u guys dnt seem to have too much too lose.
    im debating what sort of diet to do, tried weight watchers and its not really for me as find there is too much choic as i know i can pretty much have everything.
    does anyone have any tips etc, we could post weekly low fat recipies and things couldnt we?
    also has anyone got any fitness dvd recommendations? im not fit at all to be honest so need something that isnt too hard
    xxxx
  • I had almost got back to my pre-preg weight but then it all got confused and went in wrong direction again. I work as a Weight Watchers leader so will obviously follow that and that's why I've lost most of it as had to to go back to work.

I've got a Wii Fit which I love and you can set goals and track your weight. It keeps a running daily total do you can do 10 mins here and there. I have to wait until OH is out though as he just laughs at me.

Also for meal ideas, I'm a bit biased but the WW cookbooks are fab even if you don't want to follow their diet plan. The recipes are easy, mostly quick and even the non dieting people in the family will love them ( my hubby does and he's adverse to anything remotely low fat). If you look online I'm sure you could pick up some at a good price and if you're not following the WW plan it doesn't matter if they're not the most up-to-date ones.

• By the time all you lovely ladies reach your goal weights I'll be the size of a house :cry: and have not a chance of getting into a size 10 dress for Poppy's 1st birthday. You'll all be lovely and slim, and I'll have 2 times the baby weight to lose. By which time this thread will be redundant :\(

Wish you all the luck ladies xx
  • aww honeypops *hugs* bless you. but you'll have two little bundles of joy to run around after so yours will fall off even easier! and trust me i'll still be whining about my weight by the time you have this lil one! xx
  • Awww honeypops - i'm sure that with two lo's to run around after the weight will drop off with no effort at all and you'll be slimmer than all of us!

I'd like to be in the club though I would like to lose 2 stone I think and as off tomorrow will be dusting off my wii-fit! Are we going to have weekly 'weigh ins' on here? xx
  • i'll join if we're going to do weekly weigh ins, but not for a month or so, want to get used to being back to work first as i think convienience food will be in order for first month or so while i get used to the long days again! lol
  • yeah i think we should do weekly weigh ins, id like to start next week as am going to have a week or eating what i like first and get some recipies and shopping etc in preperation if you know what i mean.
    might try davinas then ive heard good things about it. not sure how id cope with the 2 children my eldest will probably be in hysterics - that or he'll join in hahaha
    oh honeypops dont be silly, i can guarantee by the time u have ur lo ill be bigger than u still! u will have two monkeys to look after and the weight will drop off im sure!!hugs xxx
    xxxx
  • Hi i have loosely followed slimming world and loved it so i will join you! I am lighter now than i was pre pregnancy but still hugely over what i should be. (althought going by the bmi charts i think i need to cut off limbs!!) so i am aiming to be 21lbs lighter asap!!
    we think we want another baby and i would love to be at target when we start ttc again!
  • lol wannababy i'm like that too! i hate that i used to do 3 hours of karate a week and so all my muscle turned to fat while i was preg with being so ill i'm all wobbly now! lol
  • Yay so glad so many of you are joining in.

Definately weekly weigh-ins, I think it helps with motivation for sure. I've done Davina dvd's before and found them pretty good, and the one i did was broken down into 3 sections so if you didn't have time for the whole hour you can just do one bit.

Feeling a bit crappy with a cold at the moment (Jess brought it home from school!) but hopefully i'll be feeling better so I can go to buggy fit tomorrow.

On the up side I went out tonight and didn't touch any alcohol so thats good - we went to a recording of a radio concert with Seal and he was amazing!
  • I don't think you are too biased there mummypiglet, the weight watchers cookbooks are generally really good. I done meals for friends and family and they've not known it was a ww recipe.

For anyone who wants it here is my favourite from the 'spicy and speedy' cookbook

500g lean pork tenderloin, cut into chunks
    4 shallots, peeled and sliced
    1 teaspoon Gourmet Garden ginger puree (I hate ginger so i always leave that out)
    1 1/2 tablespoon red thai curry paste
    150g low fat soft cheese
    4 freeze dried kaffir lime leaves (I've never been able to find these so always leave them out too)
    500ml hot veg stock
    100g fine green beans (trimmed and halved)
    40g desicated coconut

Heat a non stick pan and spray with low fat cooking spray. Cook the pork for 5 mins, stirring until brown all over. Add the shallots, ginger puree and curry paste. Cook gently for 3 mins.

Stir in the low fat soft cheese and lime leaves. Gradually add the stock. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 mins. Add the beans and coconut. Cover and simmer for a further 5 mins until the pork is cooked and the sauce has thickened. Season to taste. Serve with 75g cooked basmati rice.

Including the rice that is 7.5points (for those that know points)

Its really yummy!

• Oooh, I need this. I want to loose a stone before LO's birthday. Count me in!

Great recipe Sarahj-b!
  • I'll definately join you. I thought I was getting close to my pre pregnancy weight until the doctor weighed me recently and I was a whole stone heavier than I thought I was. I reckon I've got about 1.5 stone to lose. I'm thinking of joing in WW too, as I've followed it before and lost a stone fairly easily.
  • I am going to have to start this Monday as this week is NOT going well! lol! I'm not sure pizza, chinese and chorizo paella is going to result in weight loss! Hmmmph! Maybe i'll check out weightwatchers too. Is there a site that lists how many points everything has and how many you can have a day? xx
  • This is a good site for calculating your points allowance and how many points are in foods.

http://www.calculator.net/weight-watchers-points-calculator.html

http://www.ehow.com/how_4871046_calculate-many-weight-watchers-points.html

When I did it before I got a bit obsessive and wrote on all the food packets how many points were in things and kept a food diary. It worked though and I lost a stone!

[Modified by: Xpatmum on September 23, 2010 09:59 AM]

• Thanks Xpatmum. I've just been looking on the weightwatchers website and it's ??????30 for 3 months online but I reckon I could do it for free with these links! Right scrap monday - it's 3 months until christmas eve so I'm going to start today and try and reach my 1.5 stone by then! Come on willpower!! x
  • It's also worth knowing that on top of your daily allowance you get 35 extra points a week that you can save up and blow on a take out one night or for an extra 5 points a day.

Just worked mine out as 24 points a day.

I'm getting excited to start doing it again...hubby's going to be annoyed with me though! Telling him how many points were in everything he was eating last time got a bit old I think!
  • 25 points for me...off to label everything, black marker in hand! I'm going to try to convince OH he needs to do it too (so much easier if there's nothing tempting in the house isn't it!)