Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2010

Emmy-Lee...*updated*

...just had her first wee on her big girl potty :lol:

that is all lol

love jemma & emmy-lee 15+4

***************************************************************************************************

had a fab day today, only one wet nappy and went weewee everytime we sat her on potty image

so proud of my big girl image

[Modified by: jemmykins on 28 April 2010 20:01:22 ]

Replies

• Well trained already! heehee x
  • well she can sit up, and i'm sick of seeing her wee in her bath so we thought we'd try getting her to wee before. it was successful tonight, no wee's in the bath, and one very praised baby girl image
  • OMG, potty training at 13 weeks? Scary! x
  • wow, clever girl!!
  • She can sit up??? Potty trained and sitting up at 13wks...blimey...!
  • she can sit on her own for about 10secs max, but me and OH were both put on pottys as soon as we could do this and were both fully potty trained by the time we were one so we thought we'd try it too. i did have to hold her hands on the potty while she sat, but i'm so proud image
  • Oooh, I was reading about that jemmykins...elimination communication, I've heard it can be really successful, think my Mum must have done the same as I was potty trained by 1 too.

• lol i didn't know it had a name! i feel the need to google and research how to do it best now image i hope it is, the sooner she's out of nappies the better really as there's no way i want her to be like my step-brothers (twins) who still weren't fully potty trained (daytime) when they started full days at nursery!!!!
  • Yeah it has a name...everything's got a name!!! I heard about it first on another forum (naturalmamas.co.uk) its a huggy, co-sleeping, cloth wearing, baby wearing site...if you don't get much when you google have a look on there!

• i googled that mybutler, it looks far too complicated for me so i think i'll kind of combine that and traditional potty training ie. i like the idea of a cue word to let her know where she's sitting is a potty but not sitting her on one every 30/60 mins as one website suggested! thanks for telling me about the name for it though! xx
  • Oh yeah I think if you did it to the letter you wouldn't get anything else done!!
  • oh my god i just realised i'm such a liar! she's 15+4 not 13! where has all that time gone??????
  • Wow...clever mummy and baby combo!
  • Go Emmy-Lee! Pops just likes to pee on her play mat/changing mat at nappy-off time!xx

[Modified by: honey82 on April 28, 2010 08:19 PM]

• lol, wish i could take some of the credit but it's pure luck and i know it! lol

honey thats what emmy used to do so we decided to sit her on a potty everytime we took her nappy off to try and have a wee before nappy free time. she seems to have realised that potty means wee today as she's went everytime she's been sat on it image
  • i reckon its worth a shot getting one, if nothing else she can get used to sitting on it (well that was my logic getting emmy one anyways lol) xx
  • Well done emmy-lee and mummy!

Personally and i mean no offense by this i think babies should just be babies, why rush the process! Potty training is for a toddler and i'm not ready for that stage yet- maybe because it took so long to concieve the twins and their are last, i don't know but i want them to be little forever, so we wont be joinin your big girl just yet ;o)

Keep up the good work emmy-lee!!!
    xxxxxxxxx
  • i totally get what you men lilac! i want her to stay little too but she hates to lie down and so nappy free while sitting on me knee was not good for me for obvious reasons! lol like i said before i didnt expect her to actually go potty but just wanted her to get used to it lol