Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

We've started weaning!

Well I thought the day would never come, but Eva has now turned 6 months so we stared weaning today. We gave her some C&G fruity porridge and she couldn't get enough of it! There was enough to cover about half of the bottom of her bowl and she ate the lot. I certainly wasn't expecting her to take that much seeing as she's never had anything other than milk before but she really loved it.

I'm starting to feel more confident about weaning now. I'm still confused about a lot of it and have my concerns but I'm sure that we can do it.

No need to reply, I just wanted to say how proud I am of my little girl.

Replies

• That's great that you've got off to such a positive start.

There's not much James is really interested in! He's not desperately waiting for the next spoonful at all! xx
  • image I'm glad Eva enjoyed her first tastes of solids!

Weaning is so much fun - you'll love it!

Love NN xx
  • Sounds like Eva will take to it like a duck to water. Hopefully that will help you relax and enjoy it too. The fruity porridge was a firm favourite with Pops until yesterday when she refused it twice! It's lovely watching them try new and different flavours, and planning what to give them next! Have fun xx
  • Have fun with it hun, its very messy but great fun. Sasha has eaten everything that is put in front of her so far, and even tries to eat the placemat and bowl or plate too :lol: