Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Is anyone else's LO doing this yet?

Emilie is 7 weeks tomorrow and for at leat the last week has been pushing up to supported standing whenever her feet are on a solid surface (our knees, bath, etc) or if we put on hands on the soles of her feet during tummy time she will push herself forward. I read this is very early for her to be doing this so I wondered if anyone else has the same thing? It's making it very difficult to burp her over my shoulder because her feet are on my legs and she decides it's playtime to push herself over my shoulder! We say that she's climbing!

Wondering whether to get her a jumperoo or somthing to help her use this skill?!

Liz and Emilie 6 weeks 6 days

Replies

• yep Alyssa does this too if we lie her on her tummy she pushes with her feet she is really strong and when we stand her over our shoulder she pushes up and off our knees,
    She is also turning onto her side by herself

Oooh ive never heard of a jumperoo what is it?

xx
  • Cameron does this too! My OH put his hand against his feet during some tummy time and Cam pushed himself to the otherside of the playmat! And he loves to stamp and push up when he's over my shoulder! Jumperoo looks good except it's for baby's who can hold there own heads up. Cam has a really good head but still occasionally loses it and it hurls forward - it's very funny!!
  • Ooop - sorry made a mistake above. The rainforest jumperoo is for babies 6 months + but the precious planet one is suitable from birth! x
  • Eva does this too. She's always trying to 'jump' around and just won't stay still especially when we cuddle her against our shoulder (it's a wonder she hasn't taken off yet!).
  • Yes! Lyvi has been doing this for quite a while now and I'm so surprised at how strong she is, especially as she was early. I think at first it's a bit of a reflex action but now she does it with purpose - just yesterday she was on me and pushing up and down, up and down for ages and was just so happy! :lol:

She was lifting her head up from 2 weeks old and rolling onto her side from very early. And she also does the pushing off hands on her playmat! image

Love NN and Olyvia xxx

http://lb1f.lilypie.com/Tp6A.png

http://lbff.lilypie.com/vBTq.png

• jacob has been doing this for a while now, he gets so frustrated that he doesnt move when pushing his legs at tummy time image
  • Sebastian is doing this too as well as rolling over on to his back when he's supposed to be havng tummy time. Even the doctor commented at his six week check about how strong he was.

Do you thnk we've all just got really clever babies?