Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Jan 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Hormonal woman on the rampage!

Argh....I am sooooo hormonal....and when I get hormonal I get ANGRY!!! I've found since having Sara I'm more hormonal than I was before, and consequently more angry! I think its exacerbated by the fact I've just been working nights, am knackered, the house is a tip, washing needs put out and all I actually want to do is sit in the garden with a glass of wine and relax.

Do you think the pill could make things worse? One of the reasons I'll never have the depo injection again is becuase it made me totally EVIL! I was so grumpy. Am going to be so upset if the pill does too - have managed to take it for nearly 21 days now without forgetting, had to tape it to my deoderant bottle to remind me!

Meh, the house etc can wait, I'm off to the garden. Am I the only grump around?

Liz xxx

Replies

• Ooh, I feel for you. A bad combination is the post nights hang-over, hormones & sizzling heat. I've not added a baby & hubby who needs instructions written on what needs doing into the mix yet either, so can only imagine your pain!

Hopefully, once the pill gets into your system, it will even you out a bit. I found that I rarely suffered from PMT on the pull before I had Poppy, so it may work for you. You probably know that there are different types & different hormones you could try if one doesn't suit you. Lol at taping it to your deodrant, I'm not imaginative enough to think of anything like that :lol:

Enjoy your wine in the garden, hopefully the sunshine will improve your mood. Have an extra glass for me too as the only reason I'm a grump at the moment is because I could murder a cold glass of wineimage xx
  • I am on team grump this week too! Think for me though it's just because i've not been very sociable since we've got back off holiday so i've got a bit of cabin fever!! As honeypops says the pill may well even you out! I can't get any hormone based contraception to work for me, the implant was the worst though, that turned me into a complete b***h. But i've had the non hormonal coil fitted since having Cam and so far so good! Hope angry woman subsides with the intake of wine!! xx
  • Me, me, me!!

I really don't remember being this 'short' before. Not with Lyvi obviously, mainly with other people! (poor hubby gets the brunt most of the time). I think I'm just so focused on Lyvi that when I'm tired I just don't have the time or energy for other people annoying me! :lol:

I guess it's probably still all the hormones from pregnancy/giving birth (and also as I'm still BF'ing) but really am hoping it calms down as time goes on!

Love NN xxx
  • You're definitely not the only one, I never used to get PMT when I was on the pill before now I have a really grumpy week before I get my AF and I'm on the same pill as before! It must be hormonal as I get problems with my hip from SPD at the same time!

OH takes the brunt of it but this week I've focussed it on the football! :lol:
  • i 'think' my fuse has become shorter since going back on the pill and i am tempted to stop, i have also started to get bad headaches too. i find at times i have to walk out of the room and i can easily snap at hubby and people who are being inconsiderate. i have been on the pill for 4 months now and havent been the easiest person to live with!

it could well be because of your nights, i have no idea how that will effect me when i go back because i have always had the oppertunity to sleep all day and thats not gonna happen now!

• Me, I am queen grump!!! Like nattynik my OH gets most of it, down the phone!

I had the implant and its coming out ASAP! Absolute disaster!

Deep breaths everyone....

JOanna x