Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2010

Anyone else not sterilising?

So I think I'm probably going to get ex-communicated for this but I've given up sterilising...everything! I was still being quite religious about it until a couple of weeks ago I found Sara chewing on the dogs collar - yes she was still wearing it! Its a rolled leather one so I can imagine its quite a good teether (needless to say when I found her I stopped it!) and the dog was lying next to her enjoying the cuddle! It was quite a cute sight if it wasn't quite so grim

Now that she can crawl I really feel I'm fighting a loosing battle with 'clean'. Everything goes through the dishwasher at 70 degrees so I know its had a good hot wash.

Anyone else being naughty??

x

Replies

• we only sterilse his formula bottles now hes past six months, we have on that likes to chew shoes!!
  • We don't steralise everything anymore either, only his bottles really, and spoons
  • I still sterilise bottles, other than that nothing else. Milton wipes, Dettol wipes are very handy when somethings been dropped on the floor for the umpteenth time. But he's at nursery now, he's going to get something! :lol: xx
  • Just bottles we sterilise-but if this isn't necessary we won't bother-?

bottles need to be sterilsed for formula and breast milk due to bacteria,
  • I don't sterilise anything image am I bad?
  • Get out of here mybutler!!!! image hehehe!!

I only sterilise her evening bottle, everything else justs gets washed in hot water. Like you say, after crawling around on the floor all day an unsterilised cup is the least of our worries!! xx
  • We stopped sterilising anything about a month ago when she started eating the plants. The HV told me if they go through the dishwasher then it's no longer necessary. I was worried about stopping but she's not been ill yet.
  • oh phew there are a few non-sterilising scum bags for me to hide with!! Sara's never (so far, I realise i'm in danger of jinxing myself, touch wood etc etc) been ill, not even a cold so, so far so good.

• Hiya,
    I stopped sterilising months ago! Lucy's bowls, cups and cutlery all go in the top shelf of the dishwasher and I think that is absolutely fine.

xxxx
  • OMG BUNNY YOU"RE BACK!!!!!!! Woo hoo.....how are you??????????