Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

lets talk contraception!

so ladies whats everyone decided on?

i am still in two minds, we had planned another baby soon after but with the horrible birth and the hard times we are having we are putting that firmly on hold!

cant decide wether to go back on the pill on try the coil, i swore i would never go back on the pill but it seems such an easy option!

becca and jacob x

Replies

• At the moment, we are using condoms (apart from a couple of unprepared moments!), and will continue to do so until our 6 week check.

I was thinking about the coil also, as it took almost 2 years to conceive (not 'actively' trying!) after coming off the pill having been on it for a long time. I am going to discuss the options with the GP.

After a really positive birth experience, and despite suffering badly with PGP/SPD, I really wouldn't mind another baby soon, although not sure hubby would agree! :lol::lol:

Vicki & Poppy, 22 days xx
  • i am having the implant fitted on the 18th of feb. I dont plan on having anymore children in the next few years and i am useless at remembering to take the pill.

hopefully it wont hurt to much when it is fitted!!

joanna and a sleeping on my chest emilia! xx
  • Hi Becca

I think we're just going to use condoms and perhaps avoid the fertile window a bit just in case of any accidents. I want to try and keep it as natural as possible as we would like another baby fairly soonish (perhaps start trying at Christmas but no firm plans yet!)

Love NN and Olyvia xxx

http://lb1f.lilypie.com/Tp6A.png

http://lbff.lilypie.com/vBTq.png

• hi im seeing gp next week as i cant have coil due to pid and was so ill after last one, and i cant use pill due to breast cancer so going to see what gp suggests as we dont want any more childeen in foreseeable future! xx
  • Hi,

I think I am going to try the implant. Although both my pregnancies have been planned in both cases I fell pregnant within 2 weeks of coming off the pill and in the first instance I'd been on it for 15 years. We don't think we want anymore and as I seem to drop on so quickly I don't want the risk of forgetting to take a pill.

PP - I was like you first time round in that I thought I wanted my 2nd baby close to my 1st but the horrible birth put me off. After my daughter was born I got my pills in 6 months supply so every time I needed a repeat prescription we would discuss whether it was time to start trying again. It sounds a bit cold and clinical but it worked for us and fortunately both times I've been quick to get pregnant.
  • i have had many diff things all have not been great. before i fell preg this time i had the mirena coil and it was awful in my experience but some people swear by them. this time im going for the implant but cant get it fitted til my doctor is bk from matrnity leave so in the mean time ive been given a pill that has the exact same hormone which shud give me a good idea of what the implant will be like xxxxx
  • me and hubby have used nfp since getting married, and i'd want to continue with this once my cycles go back to somewhere near normal (they werent before lol). so probably same as nn