Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2010

Like NN's post but for bottle feeders

Sara's now on three meals a day with puds if she fancies and she takes three bottles, morning one, mid-afternoon and bedtime one...is this about right? She takes about 22ozs over 24hrs

Replies

• I read the other day it should be 500-600ml until a year old. So whatever that is in oz...16-18 or something? Maths was never my strongest subject! xx
  • hello

we are on 3 meals and 2 puds with 3 bottles, mid morning 5oz , mid afternoon 7oz and bedtime 8oz, he is doing really well now and mostly has what we are eating x
  • lizzie is on the same- 3 bottles (morning 7:30, mid afternoon 3:30, and bedtime NOW) and 3 meals
    breaky was cereal with soya milk but we are on a wheat bann at mo! so its fruit. and then 2 more meals with puds.
    lizzie normally takes 2 full bottles but we struggle with morning one sometimes she will only take 4oz. so sometimes she has 18oz sometimes 24oz!
  • sugarpuff

we have the little TT bowls and it is just over half full or most of a stage 2 jar if we are having something he cant, we have been weaning for over 10 weeks though, babies under 1 should have aproximately 20oz which can include that used in meals (ie brekkie) and dairy, more than that should be fine, i think she would refuse it if its enough, if she is finishing her meals maybe you could offer slightly more?
  • I wouldn't worry about it being too much sugarpuff, Cameron is on 3 x meals, 2 puds and still has around 30oz a day - although he is 91st percentile and we've dropped around 15oz a day in the last couple of weels. We're working on lowering it more but I think the 20oz is more of a minimum amount and not necessarily a maximum one image) - I don't think a day would ever com when he wouldn't take 20oz lol! x
  • lizzie has half a 7month plus jar and a 4 month plus pudding jar. when i make my own we use the plum (7 month plus) pot to measure it in.
    if i give her any more than this then she refuses her milk!
  • the shallow dishes, we were using a full weaning pot before we swiched to mashed x
  • she must use up a lot of energy image
  • Emilie is now on 3 meals and 3 x 7oz (180ml) bottle at 11am, 3pm and 7pm.

She has porridge with milk already in it for breakfast though and I don't know if that also counts as more milk intake. (Q for HV next month!)

She's also given some bread at daycare in the morning and half a rusk type biscuit late afternoon as snacks.

Meal sizes - for breakfast the porridge is 7 tbs powder and 130ml of water (that fills about a third of TT shallow bowl.

Lunch is one ready made weaning pot of fruit if she is at daycare or finger food when she's with me

Tea is about 100-125ml of an Avent weaning pot and half a yogurt pot size portion of fruit. She would happily eat loads more but she just throws it up again shortly afterwards!

Eyes bigger than her belly a bit like her mummy image
  • xpatmum i asked this last time i got him weighted as he wasnt taking milk well, the milk in the porridge does count so does a yogurt x
  • Emilia has between 4 and 5oz of milk in the morning, followed by another 3 to 4oz of milk with porridge or weetabix. She then has about half a brother max bowl of lunch and a full pot of yoghurt. She then has 2 to 3oz of milk and then about a third of a bowl for tea with finger food fruit pieces for pudding. She then has 7oz for bedtime. She doesnt quite reach her 20oz but she is happy and healthy with what she does have. She doesnt like milk and I have accepted that now. We just hide it in her food!! Hehehe! xx
  • Sebastian has 5-6oz of milk when he wakes up at 6:30-6:45ish and what he doesn't use I heat up and use to make porridge or Weetabix an hour later usually mixed with some banana or fruit puree (fills about 2/3 TT shallow bowl). Lunch is normally something mashed or like spaghetti etc. and some finger foods followed by yoghurt or fruit (a whole normal size pot). For dinner again it is mashed or a sauce with lumps (iyswim) and this is when he usually has his protein, i.e. meat or fish again about 1/2-2/3 tt bowl followed by a fromage frais so slightly smaller than the yoghurts and some fruit as finger food. He then has 6-8oz of milk before bed.

Didn't realise until I wrote it all down how much he ate and most days he will have a snack mid-morning such as banana or baby biscuit (always finger food) and also sometimes in the afternoon too. I did speak to HV about him only having 2 bottles but she not worried as he has lots of yoghurts and cheese and milk in cooking.

He likes milk but finds food so much more pleasing and also he seems to be going off the bottles it's like he needs a faster teat but they don't do them so I think I shall have to try him with a cup for his milk soon and not just his water which is what he has in his cup at the moment.
  • mummypiglet - have you seen mia's mummies post about the new TT sippy cup. I think she said it has a spout like a bottle, but is looks like the flow is faster. I was thinking about getting one for Emilia, I know that she has silent reflux, but sometimes she wants the milk, but it's like she is frustrated with the bottle. She won't drink from a normal sippy cup though. xx