Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2010

Naps- a week on!

For all of you lovely ladies who had an input into my mission to get Poppy sleeping in her cot, thought I would up-date (if you're interested!).

Poppy now takes all of her naps in her cot image ! She generally goes off without too much fuss (except if she's really over-tired), and is sleeping for around 45 minutes around 3 times a day. I realise that this is still not enough (as she's always still tired after waking), but hubby pointed out that it was only ever 30 minutes-and on me-up until last week. I think that once we get past the 45 minute mark, she will have proper naps (an hour plus).

I'm now going to start leaving her to chatter to herself when she wakes to see if she will settle herself back off. Fingers crossed next week I'll be able to say that she takes 3 naps a day that are an hour or longer :lol:

Thank you all for your advice & input xx

Replies

• fab and good luck for increasing them, we have gone backwards and now i cant even get him to take his morning nap, i have one grumpy munchkin!!
  • Thanks ladies! Thought I would let you know that right now she's been asleep for an hour imageimage Not sure what we did differently, and it may be a one-off fluke, but I'm one happy mummy right now! xx