Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Jan 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Can't keep water down!

Does anyone else's LO throw up after having water? I've been trying to offer water in the heat and also in the past, when I actually manage to get her to drink some she will throw it all back up and more. It's like it hits her stomach and bounces back with whatever else is in there too.

I have no idea what to do about it as I can't really make water "thicker" like I do with her milk to stop her throwing it up! I've tried juice and it has the same effect.

Any ideas?

Liz and Emilie 24 weeks 2 days x x

Replies

• When Poppy was younger (how mad saying that!) she used to throw her milk back up if it was too cold. It was, as you describe, like it hitting her stomach and bouncing back up. Have you tried it at different temps? The only way we can get her to take juice is if it's cold from the fridge, and I don't think she's taking enough to throw it back up yet! Not really got any other slutions, sorry, but hope you manage to solve it soon xx
  • not sure how you can remedy this...but you can actually get thickner for water and other drinks, but i'd try diff temp etc first as it would be a bit of a phaf having to thicken it each time. We carry about enough baby pariphinalia (sp!!!) already!!!