Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Jan 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Follow on milk poos

Hi Ladies,

sorry to post a poo question so early in the morning but we switched Jack onto aptamil follow on yesterday and he took to it really well, in fact he drank more yesterday than he has in a long time on his usual formula which was aptamil comfort as he suffered with colic in the first few months.

My question is today his poo is like little hard pellets (like rabbit poo) - I have read that this is normal due to increase in iron when you switch to a follow on milk but did this happen with any of your little ones and how long did it last also what did you do help soften the stools?

Many Thanks
Lisa x

Replies

• always happy to discuss poo at any time of the day!

Emilie's poo has been what we call nuggets since starting the follow on milk which is actually a relief after the messy watery ones we were having 2 months ago! But anyway I've been giving her a prune probiotic porridge, I think it is, for the last few days to help her tummy incase she is a bit constipated.

I also found that when she drinks more juice her poo softens quite a lot.

Liz x x
  • Thanks hun - how do you make the prune probiotic porridge or is it shop bought - I'm going to make sure he has plenty of juice today as yesterday he didn't drink very much of anything.

Thanks again xx
  • Our lo isn't on follow on milk, so can't comment on the pooh. If he is constipated, you could try diluting 1 part fresh orange juice to 10 parts water. This should help soften his stools. Also, at 6 months dilute fresh/pure orange juice is allowed xx
  • Thanks for the replies.

Jack is definatley not constipated anymore, he is back to pooing like a trojan again lol - mummy can worry about something else now!!!