Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Since being back on the pill...

I started the pill on the day I started to bleed, as you're supposed to. I'm due to have the 7 day break from tomorrow. But I didn't stop bleeding at all! :\( It has been light most of the time, but still it's annoying. I'll have to see if I stop when I have had the withdrawal bleed, and I start the next pack. Has anyone else had this problem? I know some of you bled quite a way in, but anyone bleed all the way through like me? xx

Replies

• Options
    I don't take the pill any more, but when I used to, I'd quite often take through 2 packets. Are you able to do this with your pill? You may find this stops the bleeding, then you can have your break as normal at the end of the net packet xx
  • Options
    Thanks for your replies. I could just go into the next pack. I'm just wondering if a heavier withdrawal bleed would clear things out, if you like? xx
  • Options
    G/C oh how weird, i have had the exactly the same thing, i had nancy on 1st feb bled for 3 weeks then nothing for 5 weeks started to bleed exactly 8weeks after her birth and started taking the pill that day (microgynon) and im now on pill 26 and still bleeding, its so annoying im going doc on monday which should be the first day of my 7day break but iv been told by quite a few people to take another pack of pills stright after this one finishes, hope the flow finally stops for both of us. xxx
  • Options
    I'm on Femodene, which is a combined pill. Is Microgynon a mini pill? I don't know why it's happening. But guess I should follow your advice and take the next strip. Thanks girls. xx
  • Options
    hya thought i would let you know what the doc's said went today as now on day 29 of bleeding, he has told me to take the pill normally with my 7day break and either just wait to see if bleeding regulates itself on my next pack, but has also given me some tablets that should stop the bleeding, thank god! but he did say it was probley just a hormonal thing after having Nancy then the hormones in the pill too. xx
  • Options
    Thanks for that info. Unfortunately I had to make a decision, as should have started my break yesterday. I decided to carry on with the 2nd packet. So guess I'll see if it stops. Still going at the moment, but light. xx
  • Options
    Fingers crossed thing will improve for you Mith...I was on depo for a year before I had Sara and I bled that whole time, grrr I hated it so I can totally sympathise!

• Options
    I wouldn't persevere if it had been going on for a year! It's more frustrating when you get rid of lochia, then start all over again! xx
  • Options
    Well the prob with depo is once you have it it lasts for 3 months so you're stuck with it!
  • Options
    Well a week tomorrow into the next packet, and still bleeding! I'll finish this one, then have the break I think. I'll have to see the dr for repeat prescription obviously, so I'll have to have a word if it doesn't stop after the break! Grrr! xx
  • Options
    snap im still bleeding day 33 today, ridiculous!!xx
  • Options
    snap im still bleeding day 33 today, ridiculous!!xx

Well guess those tablets didn't work then! xx
  • Options
    hey hun, just wanted to let you know i bled pretty much all the way through my first packet but took the normal break and stopped on day 5 of my break. i'm a week into my new packet and no bleeding yet so i think i'm back to normal. maybe you just need the break to sort your body out? hope yours stops soon xxx
  • Options
    Thanks, I hope so. xx